Chapter 6: Immaturity

First Person POV

"Elias! What the heck is that thing?"

The all of the present squad members looked at us in confusion, hearing Yuno yelling. They saw the shiny figure sitting on my shoulder, and many of them walked up to join Yuno.

"Yeah, who the little guy on your shoulder?" Klaus asked.

Timerion stood up on me and raised his hands. He greeted the rest of them with his formalities, and a bunch of the female squad members cooed at him, calling him adorable. They started petting his head, to which he protested, confused as to why they were acting like that. Human tendencies were not his apparent strong suit. I found this a bit funny, but it soon got a bit out of hand.

"Excuse me. Can you please cease this activity?" Timerion asked.

"Awwww, he's adorable!" One of them picked Timerion up and started waving him around, and others followed. This was extremely surprising for him, and he started waving his arm around in stiff motions.

"Master Elias, I require your assistance!" He screamed with desperation. I conceded, and used Temporum Silence, grabbing him from the girls in the time stop and sitting him back on my shoulder. I undid the spell, and when they realized my partner wasn't with them, they were less than pleased.

"Hey! We were playing with him!" One of them protested.

"*Sigh* this is not proper behaviour." Yuno said.

"Agreed. He's not a toy. Mimosa, Yuno. Wanna find a place a bit quieter?" I turned to ask the two. Yuno simply nodded.

"M-me?"

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Well yeah! We're friends right?"

"O-oh!! Yes, we are!" She quickly responded to me, seemingly quite adamant about the statement. I could see a bit of sweat running down her, but I decided to think nothing of it. I formed a portal to my room and motioned for the two to follow.

We walked into my room and I sighed relief. Peace at last...

"So, how was the mission?" Yuno asked, with surprising curiosity. He didn't show substantial emotion too often.

"Well, I don't know how it was for Mimosa, but I didn't have the greatest time ever." I responded while wiping some dirt off of my robe.

"What do you mean?"

"Imagine the ugliest pig you can, and make it 5 times bigger, and 10 times scarier. Plus, it's also extremely fast and powerful.

Both of them took a second to think, and came to similar conclusions. 

"No thanks, I don't want to imagine that." Yuno said.

"Y-yeah, that sounds awful."

"It was. That thing was no average boar. That village as well as the inhabitants would've been flattened if we didn't arrive when we did. During the fight though, it led me into it's cave, and it was pretty strange. I could see a bunch of indecipherable writing all over the walls. At the end of it, I found a scroll which transferred into my grimoire. One of the spells is what led me to summoning this little guy!" I pointed my thumb at the Time Spirit.

"Those other squadmates were right. He is cute!" Mimosa happily exclaimed.

"Not you too! Please don't go nuts like the rest of them..."

"Hehe, don't worry, I wont!"

...

We hung out in my room for about an hour, and then we went to bed. It was already pretty late, as the mission took a long time to complete. My plan for the day was to patrol the city for a little bit, making sure people were safe, as well as simply exploring for my own entertainment.

I put on my robes and walked downstairs, and saw Mimosa sitting down at table, drinking tea. I walked over to her to say hello, and get a chance to get to know her better. She was a pretty sweet girl, and I did personally enjoy the time I spent with her.

"Hey Mimosa!" I said, behind her. She jumped slightly, turned to see me waving at her.

"H-hey, Elias! What are you up to today?" She asked, running her hand through her hair, in a nervous manner. I didn't quite know why, but shrugged it off.

"I'm just gonna patrol the streets for a little bit and look around! Do you wanna come with me?" I didn't quite plan on it, but I unconsciously asked her to join me, which in retrospect, wasn't such a bad idea.

"YES!!" She quickly answered, which startled me a bit. Her eyes widened when she realized how intensely she had answered. "O-oh, um... I'm sorry for yelling, but yes. Going with you would be lovely!" She then quickly downed all of her remaining tea and stood up with a determined face.

"Im ready!"

"Sounds good, Mimosa! Let's go!"

(Sorry for the short chapter. The next one will have a bit more action.)