Chapter 1: Time stands still

*Week before the tour starts*

   Some people believe that going on tour is the best thing that can ever happen to an upcoming artist, that and selling out venues. The publicity they will obtain from touring, and the practice on stage. All of those things have to do with money and fame, not the things that actually matter. I don't agree to go on tours just so that I don't have to work a day job, I agree to travel because my fans want to hear my music and want to connect to the writer of the songs that they love. Everyone has that one musician that they would give anything to be with for a day, to see what they see and to know where the inspiration for their songs come from. For me, it's always been my everyday life. If i'm walking down the street and I see something that makes me want to write about it, I do. I write songs because they mean more to me than words some days.

  I was sitting in my house in London, wondering what challenges this tour would bring with it. The fear of being up on stage with Taylor and staring because I can't get past the purity of her voice or how every song she writes has something to do with her past. She's an incredible person and I've realized recently that people have been skeptical of her and I but there isn't anything between us, much to my dismay.

  I heard my front door open and made my way downstairs to see who had let theirselves in. One of my good friends, Harry Styles, walked in my door. "Oh hey kid, ya scared me a bit." 

"Hey Eddie, sorry man. Just wanted to see how packing was coming along."  We both looked around my messy house and laughed, we both knew that I wouldn't be packing until the night before. It was kind of a ritual with me.

 "So I have a favor." Harry had a very cocky smirk on his face that slightly scared me. 

 "Go on then."  I racked my brain, trying to think of what he could want.

"Well seeing as you're touring with Taylor, I didn't know if you could possibly..."  He didn't have to finish, just saying that was enough. My gut clenched and I felt let down, once again.

"Hook you two up?"  I knew it had something to do with her.

"Uh, yeah. If you don't mind?"  He had his hands in his pockets and an overconfident smile, sometimes I really disliked being friends with him. He was an extremely talented lad, but he let it go to his head. Especially when it came to girls, he used me as a wing man to introduce him to new women. 

  At this point I was trying to come up with any truthful reason for him not to see her.  "I'll see mate, you know how she is about seeing someone and touring at the same time." 

  "Yeah, I heard. Hopefully she can make an exception. But just give her my number, eh?" 

  "Yeah, sure mate."

  "Thanks Ed, see ya around mate."  And with that he left my house as quickly as he had come.

  I fell back onto the couch and wished that he hadn't shown up. Taylor wasn't mine, by any means, but that doesn't mean that my feelings disappeared towards her. Harry would get with her and leave, and I would be there to hear just how much she hates men and their untrustworthy ways. Or she may finally find happiness with him, and they might actually work well as a pair. I would love for her to be nothing but happy, but when who am I kidding. I would probably be the person to help her write the song about Harry once they broke up. What am I getting myself into?