Part 2

"So I think it's time I asked, you can leave in the morning, or you could travel with us. It would take AJ awhile to get used to it, but it would be nice to have an extra back watching out for us." Clementine asks, you were suprised she was so welcoming, even though she knew so much about survival and trust.

"You would really be fine if I stayed with you all?" You ask Clem. If she said yes, then you would definitely stay. You need a group to survive.

"Of course, you know how to handle yourself in a fight, and seem nice." She responds.

"I guess I'll stay then, it would be nice to have someone watching my back out there." You say.

"It's settled then. AJ, Y/N is going to be staying with us now, so try and get along."
Clementine says to AJ, he looked dissatisfied.

"Another mouth to feed, greaaaaat." AJ said, he exaggerated his words.

"I don't know about you, but I'm ready for bed." You say, holding in a yawn.

"Me too, but, uh... your gonna have to stay on watch, you got the most sleep out of all of us, sorry." Clementine awkwardly says. She didn't wanna disappoint you.

"Oh, okay, I guess I'll stay on watch then. How long will I stay on watch for?" You ask, trying not to sound pissed.

"Well, about 2 hours or whenever we wake up. If the sun rises, it's moving time so you don't get to sleep till it's night again." Clementine responds.

"Okay, guess I'll get to it." You say.

"Thanks, really." Clem says before getting into her sleeping bag, AJ was a few feet away from her, sleeping in his own bag.

Just a few hours of waiting here then.

While waiting, you decided to look around the camp. There was a small backpack with, you opened it and looked through it's contents.

Water bottles, protein bars, pen. That's about it.

You looked at Clem and AJ, they were already asleep.

She looks kinda cute, wait?! What do you mean cute, you don't like her that way. Do you?

To take your mind off that thought, you snooped around a bit more. The campfire looked like it was dying, so you looked for more logs.

You found a few twigs that fell from a tree, and ripped off a branch. You went back to the fire and desperately tried to keep it alive. It looked like it helped a bit.

A few more hours pass, and you can see the sun rising in the distance. It was a beautiful sight, it reminded you of when things were different. Where you could go to a beach and not have to worry about biters eating you alive.

Just another hour I guess, then you can go do something.

While getting lost in your thoughts, you hear one of the sleeping bags rustle.

"Ughhh, morning." Clementine says as you turn around.

"Hello." You plainly respond. You were a bit cranky from staying up nearly all night.

"Wow, that is a pretty sight." Clementine says, her eyes wide.

She walks next to you, and sits on the small hill. The grass was perfect for mountainboarding.

You scoot closer to her, and you both watch in awe of the sun slowly rising.

"Mind getting my water? It's in the backpack. Clementine asks, trying to break the silence.

"Sure." You say while getting up.
You walk to the backpack and unzip it, you grab the water and walk back to Clem.

"Here." You say while handing it to her.

"Thanks." Clem utters while taking a large drink.

You sit back down and watch the sun rise. The silence was comforting in a way, like you found the perfect people.

"Want any?" She says while holding put her water.

"I have my own, thanks though." You respond.

"I know that, but I'm nearly done mine, so you don't have to waste yours." She says. You found it odd that she insisted so much on you drinking it.

"Still, I'm not really comfortable with sharing a bottle." You respond, slightly annoyed.

"Oh come on, I don't have CoOtIeS." She mutters.

"Oh my god, fine! You happy?" You yell while finishing the whole bottle.

"Oh, sorry. I just was trying to look out for you." Clem says while looking down. You felt bad for yelling at her.

"Sorry, I just had my own water. I didn't mean to yell." You respond.

"It's fine." She says. You could tell she wanted some time on her own, so you left her alone. You walked back to AJ, and sat next to him.

The sun was going to be up in about 4 minutes.

You see a biter come out from a bush to your right. You instantly run up to it and stab it in the head with your screwdriver. This one smelled a lot worse then the others.

"God, the smell." You mutter, plugging your nose.

"What's the matter, you never smell a walker before?" Clem teases.

"No, this one smells a lot worse." You say to her.

Clem takes a few steps closer, and revolts in disgust.

"Fuck, your right. It's like it rolled around in dog shit and smeared rotten egg on it, then garnished it with a fart." Clementine said, you chuckled a bit from that remark.

"I don't wanna stick around to find out why it smells so bad. I say we get out of here as soon as possible." You say.

"Your right, I'll put the sleeping bags in the car. Watch AJ for me, I'll be back." She says, you didn't know they had a car.

"Wait, you have a car?" You ask wide eyed.

"I guess I forgot to tell you. It's parked by that Circle F convenience store, next to the car shop." She says while pointing at it.

"Nice to have a car. I'll be here then, I'll be able to see you from up here." You say while walking towards AJ. The sun had just risen.

"Hey goofball, time to wake up." Clem quietly says to AJ.

"Already? Fine." AJ groans as he slowly opens his eyes.

"Just stay next to Y/N, I'm going to put our sleeping bags in the car, then we'll find another place to loot." She says while rolling up the sleeping bags.

"Okay, I'll be back. Be good AJ." She says while walking down the hill.

You look at AJ, and he was watching Clem's every move.

You walk up next to him. "You really like her, huh?" You ask.

"Were not friends." AJ responds. He was starting to tick you off.

"Why are you talking to me like that? I thought I was gonna be killed, or something like that. You would have done the same if you were in my shoes." You sternly say.

You could hear him chuckle and say "In your shoes? But I'm not in your shoes."

"It's a saying." You utter. Maybe you hit a sweet spot with the kid.

"What's a saying?" AJ asks, finally making eye contact with you.

You crouch down to his height, and say "A saying is a way to uh... So I was scared right? So I hit Clementine, and for you to understand why I did that, you would have to be in my shoes. It's basically a way to describe something easier."

"Oh. I still think in yo-" AJ gets cut off by the sound of Clementine yelling....