𝟎𝟎𝟓. act like a tiger

❛ old words are reborn with new faces ❜

THERE IS SOMETHING COMFORTING AND SACROSANCT ABOUT AUDREY TORRES-LARSON BEDROOM, THAT WAS LACKING IN MOST OF THE UPPER EAST SIDE. It is a room that seemingly engulfed all those in the room making them forget about the troubles that seemed to exist before passing over the threshold. It was a place where Audrey could feel as though she was safe and protected by the four walls as if she could battle all her demons and fears.

Audrey groggily sat up in her bed and stared out her window, shivering slightly as she was only covered by a thin linen blanket. She pulled her messy curls up into a messy bun as she looked over at her room. She had numerous books littered all over her room, stories filled with adventures and love, something she wanted for her life.

Her hand naturally lifted to the necklace around her neck that had been a gift from her parents on her first birthday after she had as a part of their family. It was her birth parents' wedding rings looped through the chain, she also had their engagement ring in her jewellery box, she never wore it, but she liked having it close.

She loved having a piece of the love that helped bring her into the world close to her own heart.

Audrey looked up when she heard a knock on her door. She looked confused at her door because she knew that the only person in the house who knocked on any door was Gia, but she had every weekend off. "Who is it?"

"Ian. Can I come in?"

"Why do you all of a sudden have manners? It only took you 16 years of living." Audrey groaned, as she slumped back into her soft pillows, pulling the duvet back to cover her body. "Well come in already or this whole manner's thing won't stick, knowing your track record."

"Ha ha." Gideon mocked, as he opened her door and leaning against her doorway. "When we got home from the ivy mixer, you had your typical weight of the world look on your face."

"You mean this." Audrey faked a multitude of accentuated faces, earning a small laugh from her brother. "It's all the rage this season, you know?"

"Are you sure art is your future maybe you should look into acting?" Gideon stated, crossing his arms across his chest.

"You are so annoying." Audrey muttered, rubbing her eyes with her palms, and looking up at her brother with a drained expression on her features. "What do you want? You didn't emerge from your room before noon because you were wanting to tease my future professions."

"Blair is standing in our living room right now so do you want me to send her packing or tell her you are out on a run." Gideon stated bluntly.

Audrey cocked her head to the side. "Doesn't she know that I'm home because you came up here?"