Deirdre - Chapter Four

"It's not like you to say sorry"

One more day. The presence of my wolf was growing stronger and stronger by the minute.

"How's your face?" Aric asked once he saw me this morning. In reply I growled at him and walked away. Slightly amused, he follows me only a step behind. "Aren't you getting a little easier to annoy."

"Just shut up," I replied walking into the cafeteria.

"Ouch," Aric said, feigning hurt. "I hate to see you after you shift."

I rolled my eyes and ignored everyone's stares. Ever since I got to school, everyone has been staring at me. Apparently there were rumors going around. How I made Penny snap. How I broke up the golden couple.

"So what exactly has been going around?" I asked.

"STDs?" Aric asked.

I rolled my eyes in amusement, "I meant the rumors."

Aric stared at me then shrugged. "Well Penny tried to start them, but Logan made sure everyone knew what happened."

"And that is.." I trailed, grabbing my tray.

"Penny finally decided to show her true colors," Aric replied, placing a carton of milk on my tray, pushing me forward.

"Then why is everyone looking at me?" I asked.

Aric paid for the both of us and lead us to our table. "Well that's just because they can't believe the half-breed got the golden couple to break up."

I scoffed. "I thought they believed the half breed ruined everything. It was only a matter of time until I got to killing relationships."

Aric chuckled, "What next? The social ladder?"

"Totally," I replied sarcastically, laughing along with him. My laughing subsided when I saw the figure walking behind Aric headed straight towards us.

"What are you..." Aric trailed, he turned to look behind him and quickly whipped back around. "That's Logan right?"

I nodded my head slowly. Noticing the confusion on my face, Aric didn't bother asking me the question we both had. Why is Logan walking towards us? I never talk to Logan, and Aric only does so on a passing.

"Deirdre, Aric," Logan greeted once he reached the table.

I turned away from him while Aric greeted him. "What's up man?"

"I came to talk to Deirdre," Logan replied.

From the corner of my eye, I could see Aric lean in, and in a sarcastic whisper he said, "Don't ask her about her face, she might bite you." There was a pause. "I mean, unless you're into that kind of stuff."

With alarming speed, I grabbed the apple off my tray and chucked it at Aric. It bounced off his chest and left him coughing. "Okay, ow that seriously hurt."

I turned to face him, "Ask me if I care."

Aric gives me an unamused look, but asks anyways. "Do you care?"

I shook my head, and sharply replied with a no.

"That's a little rude," Logan replied.

I glared at him and repeated my question. "Ask me if I care."

"Do you -"

"No," I interrupted.

Aric noticed my sudden change in mood. "Hey dude," he said to Logan, "De is just not in the mood for people today, you know with her birthday coming up and everything." Logan didn't move. "Please dude, we don't need any problems."

"I need to talk to you," Logan said, obviously ignoring Aric.

When I didn't reply Aric answered for me. "Look I'm serious, she's shaking right now. I think you should leave. Whatever you have to say to her can wait a few days."

I tried to calm myself down but it seemed like everything sent me on edge. I almost threw my alarm clock out the window when it went off this morning. The usual honking of Aric's car when he picked me up this morning had me gritting my teeth.

Logan looked at me and then back at Aric, taking in a deep breath.

"Seriously, dude," Aric said with an edge to his voice. "Why don't you go back to your girlfriend who is glaring at us."

"She is not my girlfriend," Logan said between clenched teeth.

Aric rolled his eyes, "Girlfriend or not, you're going to be the reason why trouble is about to brew in a few."

Logan took in a deep breath, from the corner of my eye I could see him look back to where Penny was sitting. "Fine," he growled out, trying to control his breathing. "But I need to talk to you later." He paused for a moment before speaking again, "and I'm sorry."

My eyes snapped to look at him, shock rolled off my body, but he was already walking away from our table. I turned to look at Aric, "that was weird."

I looked back at Logan who was sitting next to his soon to be beta, Mark, pouting. "It's not like him to say sorry."

"I know," Aric replied. Both of them knew Logan didn't apologize much to people. Even though he was a pretty nice child over all, his alpha pride usually got the better of him. "Is there something going on?"

I looked at Aric, then around the lunchroom. "I don't even know," I replied honestly.

----

side banner was made by nome__ from the triple threat.

comment and vote.