Kiribaku

A/N: inspired by this animatic

Bakugou grumbled to himself as he slammed the cabinet shut and threw the pan in the sink. The dishes had piled up, but he hadn't cared.

He thought he had made the right decision, but he was quickly proved wrong. He thought that by ending his relationship, he was protecting him. Instead, Bakugou ruined his life.

There was no more laughter, no more reason to smile. Nobody was there to cuddle him and hug him when he was sad. There was no smiling idiot opening his arms when he saw the blonde had had a bad day. Bakugou ruined it for himself.

He did go into work though, and he patrolled more often. Fans noticed that he became more violent and vicious towards enemies. Bakugou has actually almost killed the most recent one he had fought with. It didn't get bad until the villain mentioned his name. That's when Bakugou went feral.

He sat down on his sofa and thought. It had been four or five months, he couldn't remember. All he knew was that the days dragged by so slow. Perhaps his ratings were soaring and he was doing a better job, but at what cost? Losing his happiness? Hurting what was essentially the sun in his life?

He grumbled and turned on the TV. Bakugou now only ate usually one meal a day. He tried to eat more, but then he'd start to cook for two. And then he'd spiral. He had once set their old room on fire, the memories too much to bare.

He forced himself not to think of the mornings when Bakugou woke him up, gently stroking his hands through the soft hair. Or when he would wake Bakugou up by bathing him in small, sweet kisses. How they would cuddle for hours and hours on end, just happy to hold one another.

Tears threatened Bakugou's eyes as he flipped through the channels. His heart dropped when he stopped on a drama channel, and when he spotted him.

He choked on his breath and frantically turned the volume up, trying to check in on the red head. Make sure he was okay, and eating. His brows furrowed as he thought. Kirishima was also going up with his ratings, but the smile on TV seemed so fake to Bakugou that he felt a tear drip down his neck.

"Well it's been great to have you here, but we do still have a couple of seconds before times up. Do you mind?"

Kirishima flashed a smile and nodded. "Go on! This has been super fun!"

"So, many fans were surprised about your recent break up with the number two hero, Ground Zero. Care to elaborate?"

Bakugou knew the look on Kirishima's face too well. It was pain. A deer caught in the headlights. Frozen. Kirishima faltered before smiling again, but this time the smile was smaller.

"Well, to be honest, it confused me too."

"So he's the one that ended it?"

Kirishima nodded. "Yeah I was super caught of guard."

"What happened?"

"Well- I....this is kind of embarrassing....but, I was gonna propose on the same day that he ended things."

Bakugou's knees dropped to the floor as he stared at the TV in horror. He never knew. He couldn't have. Tears slowly fell down his cheeks as his ex's words dug into his skin and set the message right.

Kirishima smiled brightly and held Bakugou's hand, gently swaying them back and forth. He lead the blonde to an unknown location, humming the entire time.

Bakugou was preoccupied, his mind focusing on how Deku was recently announced as the number one hero. That was supposed to be his spot. Yet that little green brat and swept the rug from under his feet.

Kirishima knew this and worked hard to cheer his boyfriend up. He had such an amazing plan, too. He was taking Bakugou to his favorite hiking spot, where they had gone multiple times on dates. He had set up a small picnic area and had the ring in his pocket. He was gonna lead Bakugou there and tell him how much he loved him and how much the blonde meant to him.

Then Bakugou's mind wandered again. To how some villains had attacked Kirishima and kidnapped him in order to lure Ground Zero to their lair. How bloodied and beaten Kirishima had been. How weak he looked. That was all because Bakugou couldn't protect him. The blonde came to the conclusion that Kirishima would never be safe and that he would never reach his goals as long as they were together.

Kirishima looked at his boyfriend. "Suki, what's bothering you? I know you've been worried so don't even try to lie."

They were close to the picnic area now.

"I-" Bakugou sighed and thought again in his head. Did he really want this?

"C'mon, blasty. I'm here for you."

Bakugou nodded to himself. He dropped Kirishima's hand and looked at him.

"We can't be together anymore."

Kirishima's world has stopped right there and he stared in disbelief. "W-what?"

"It's over. It's for the best," Bakugou kept an indifferent face as he walked down the hill, not seeing Mina hiding in the bushes waiting to surprise the men or the picnic that was just a few yards away.

Bakugou also didn't see Kirishima fall to the ground and sob.

"Oh my," the reporter was caught off guard, "if you ever saw him again, what would you do?"

"Talk," Kirishima said determinedly. "It's not manly to run from your feelings, and I think talking would clear some things up. I do miss him," he added quietly.

Bakugo wiped the tears from his face and searched for his phone. Hope. That's what he had. If he could just explain to Kirishima then maybe they could get back together. They could have a life, her married, and be happy.

Bakugou started typing in the number when he looked back up at the screen, just to take in Kirishima's beauty again.

"So, where are you now?"

"I'm living with Chargebolt!" Kirishima smiled, genuinely. "Him and I are best bro's!"

Bakugou slowly put the phone down. He knew that look. That was how Kirishima would look at him when he got home. With love. Care. Bakugou got angrier and angrier as he thought of what was probably true. How Kirishima was kissing Kaminari, telling him the same things he had told Bakugou.

It was too much for him. He started to scream and cry and throw the pillows, dishes, anything within his reach. If only he hadn't messed up. If only he hadn't been an idiot.

Bakugou sobbed as Kirishima talked about how happy he was in life. Like he didn't even notice the blonde was gone.