Chapter Twenty One

Strap yourselves in and grab your popcorn because this is one long Marichat fluff chapter. 😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😻😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 And I know that Marinette has a loft bed, but Marichat!!!!!! Also, I wrote this chapter late at night so bear with me...

"Claws in." Adrien said as he detransformed. He sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands, "I've really messed up this time, Plagg."

"Yes you have, Kid." Plagg said as he dug into a wheel of cheese.

"Thanks a lot, Plagg." He sarcastically said, "Now she's gonna hate me for the rest of my life!"

Plagg rolled his eyes, "Humans. So dramatic. I suggest going to her house as Chat Noir. Make her see reason."

Adrien stared at Plagg, "You know, that actually isn't a bad idea, if you're up for it." He asked his Kwami.

"Anything to get you kids together." He mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing." Plagg said, bored , "Let's just go save your lady- I mean Princess." He covered up, "Do you have to have so many nicknames for your crushes?"

"Uh huh." Adrien said, not entirely listening. "Plagg, Claws Out!" He said as he transformed into Chat Noir. He leaped over to Marinette's balcony.

***

"Hide Tikki!" Marinette hissed as she walked up to her balcony where Chat Noir was. She sat down on her chaise, "'Sup Chat Noir?" She said, her voice emotionless.

Chat frowned and stared into her bluebell eyes, they were red and puffy. Was she crying? "Are you okay Mari?" He sat next to her and put his hand on her shoulder.

Marinette stared at Chat, "Mari? Now you sound just like him!"

Him? Did she really hate him so much that she wouldn't even say his name? He winced, but he had to keep his identity a secret, "Who?" He asked quietly.

"Adrien Agreste. I was supposed to have my first date tonight, and it was with him! But I should've known that he liked Kagami more than me."

"So what's so amazing about Model Boy anyways?" Chat asked cautiously.

"He is not just a model to me! He is kind, brave, smart, and strong!" She looked over at her black umbrella, "I first fell in love with him when he gave me his umbrella. He wanted to become friends with me, even though I accused him of putting gum on my seat. But what I love most about him is how he stands up for others." Chat noticeably blushed. "When Lila was spreading rumors and lies about me, he saw through the lies and stood up for me. When I was in danger, he made sure I didn't get hurt. And recently, when Chloé tried to tease me, he actually stumped her! He chose a girl he had only known for a year, over a girl whom he had known his whole life! Of course, now I know that he only sees me as a-"

"Don't!" Chat interrupted, "You were going to say a friend, weren't you? Well, you're wrong! I'm sure he loves you as much as you do him!"

Marinette backed away from his sudden outburst. "Yeah, I'm sure." She said in the same, unconvinced tone.

"Do you hate him?" Chat asked in a small voice.

"Hate? Adrien? No, I just- I need some time to get over him."

"Then what should we do in the meantime?"

"I've been thinking about redecorating my room. Will you help me?"

"Sure." Chat said as they entered Marinette's room. He looked around. Instead of the countless photos of him and Marinette, there were photos of just her friends and family. His eyes wandered until they landed on the lucky charm photo. He instinctively reached over to his wrist to fiddle with his lucky charm, but it wasn't there. 'Where did it go!?!' He started to panic, 'Did I leave it at the park? Or at home? Or maybe-' He remembered that he was Chat right now, not Adrien. He took a deep breath.