~*~

It turns out that Rosie got Annie, and she was great too. But then her and Josiah started hanging out, and became best friends. After Rosie came into town, Josiah and I's friendship, and Josiah, changed.

He was always busy hanging out with Rosie, doing the things we used to do together. They spent days looking for audition songs, giving each other vocal lessons, reading dialogues, all the stuff we used to do.

I kind of felt left behind. Left out. And most importantly, jealous.

Yes, I, Eva Kirkendall was jealous of Rosie and Josiah, my soon to be best friends. It was because of the time they spent together, and fact that Josiah had a crush on her. At the time I had a crush on him, but somewhat got over it. Rosie though, I never really became friends with her. There wasn't a need to. Josiah was still around.

But then, Josiah decided he wanted to play football instead of doing plays. He claimed that all of his friends thought plays were for little girls, so he wanted to play football to prove them wrong and that he wasn't a little wimp. That was when Rosie and I became friends.

It wasn't part of the original plan, but I kinda felt bad for her. Sure she has other friends, but he was the only one she trusted. Plus Josiah was a little rude to her. Okay maybe a lot of rude.

~*~

We were in sixth grade at the time. It was at our break (which was like a mini recess) when I heard tears. They were coming from the tree right at the beginning of the playground, where only Josiah and Rosie hung out. I knew they definitely weren't Josiah's, so they could only belong to one person.

Rosie.

Now as much as I disliked Rosie, I felt bad for her and started to check up on her.

I walked to the part of the tree facing the wall to see Rosie sitting there. There were tear stains on her shirt and shorts, and her face was red from her sobbing.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She shook her head no.

"Well do you wanna talk about it?" This time she nodded her head yes. She gave herself time to stop crying and then her shaky voice spoke up.

"Josi"she started, using her nickname for Josiah, " he told me that he couldn't be friends with me at school anymore because I wasn't cool enough for him while he was here. So I told him that he could even be friends at home and school, or not at all. So then he told me that we weren't friends and that he should have dropped me sooner." She finished trying not to cry.

This was out of character for the Josiah I knew, but we haven't talked since Annie was over. I leaned of and gave Rosie a hug from the side.

"Oh well. Who needs him?"

"The plays." Rosie replied. It was true. All of the shows needed him. He was one of the strongest leads in our area.

"We will figure it out. We always do."

~*~

Now we are where we are now. Rosie and I are best friends, and Josiah is back to doing plays. Josiah and Rosie are also best friends again, but things are kinda awkward between them.

Why you might ask?

It's only the fact that Josiah was Rosie's first kiss. No big deal. Not.

It was during The Little Mermaid Jr. and Rosie was Josiah was Eric. Long story short, they had to kiss at the end of the show, and it was super awkward. They had made up, but there was still some trust issues.

~*~ (back to the real world and not Eva's thought and multiple flashbacks.)

"What?"I said slightly frustrated. Thinking about all of the things he's caused makes me mad at him all over again. But then I remember he apologized and it's all okay.

"I'm walking home with you today. Remember?"

I searched my mind for an indication that he was right. Then I remembered my mother telling me not to forget Josiah when she dropped me off.

"Oh yeah! Let's go. It's getting cold out." I said, pulling my jacket closer to my chest. By now I had returned back to my happy, bubbly self.

I walked down the porch steps, Josiah to my left. We began walking until we reached my neighborhood, Avery Hills.

We continued walking until a decent sized, white and gray house into view-my house. I unlocked the door with my key and then opened it, holding it open for Josiah.

"Mom! We're here!" I exclaimed as I slipped of my shoes and placed my key on the end table. I took of my jacket and hung it on the coat rack in the corner.

"Hey guys..." my mom said, trailing if. She seemed nervous, and it was very out if character for her.

"What's up?" I questioned, suspicious.

"Oh it's really nothing sweetie." She replied.

"Uhm, with all due respect Jaime" Josiah interrupted, using my moms first name, " you are are a horrible liar."

"Okay, fine." My mom said. "But you guys might want to have a seat."

That made me nervous, but I shrugged it off. I walked over with Josiah to our cyan couches and took a seat. My mom sat in the couch of the same color across from us.

"So a little while ago, about an hour. Around fifteen minutes after rehearsal was over, I got a call... from the hospital."

Josiah and I exchanged worried looks.

"And?" I spoke up.

"I hate to tell you this, but Rosie and Amie were in an accident on their way home from practice."

Wait. Did she say Rosie? In an accident? Is she okay? What happened?

These questions swarmed around my head. I finally had enough and I began to bawl.

"Eva..." My mom coos, walking over to comfort me. Josiah looked over at me with a look of sympathy, his eyes brimmed with tears.

I didn't want their sympathy, I just wanted to be alone. So I ran. ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So there's chapter 2. It's forever long though. It seriously took me a week to write it.

But anyways...

Did everyone see the beautiful new cover made by the one the only...

KristenScites

👆(Personal close friend and unofficial editor)👆

You guys should check her out!

Yep! That's about it. Chapter 3 coming soon!

(I love how I wrote that like people actually read this.😐)