Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Eva's POV

After Josiah left, all of the guilt washed over me. I do feel that what I said was true though. He usually only stays around for anything if there is something for him in it. I bet he's only friends with Rosie for the attention she gives him, the attention that he doesn't deserve.

Would you give someone attention after they caused you a mental break down a couple years ago? No. No you would not.

Now that I think about it, I shouldn't feel bad. What I said was true. I did nothing wrong.

"Evalynn Renée!" someone yelled, causing me to jump.

I stood up and looked out the treehouse window. I was not prepared to see who was there.

My mother was standing in front of the tree house, fuming.

"Down here. Now." She demanded. I raised my hands in surrender and began to make my way down.

"Eva, what's gotten in to you? Josiah left in tears saying that you practically kicked him out? I thought he was your best friend!"

"Was." I said flatly.

I ran in to my room, not wanting to talk about the subject anymore. My mom let me have some space, which was good. I needed to sort out my feelings now. I'm mad at Josiah. I want to cry because of Josiah. Maybe I still like Josiah...no. I won't allow it.

If I liked him, he wouldn't make me as mad as I am. Or maybe he would. I mean, he does like my best friend instead of me but... I don't know.

I hear a gentle knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." I say weakly. My mom appeared at the door way. She swept her blond hair away from her face and came inside. She took a seat on my bed.

She glanced over to me and told me to come sit by her instead of my desk in the corner. Reluctantly I sat beside her, but when I did I began to cry.

"Awh, Eva honey, what happened."

"Josiah and I got in a fight. It was about who was the better friend. I told him that I was, told him that he was only friends with Rosie for the attention, and the told him to leave."

My mom stroked my hair as she talked. We sat in a comfortable science for a moment before she spoke up again.

"It sound like you need to say sorry."

The anger inside of me built up again. I shook my head no.

"I'm to mad. Plus I was right. He should apologize to me!"

My mom began to speak but I cut her off. I didn't want to hear it.

"Can I just be left alone?" I asked, trying to hide the annoyance and anger in my voice.

"Fine. I'll let you know when dinner's done." With that she got up and left.

I decided to change into some comfy clothes. I walked over to my dresser and slipped on my Winter Jam tour t-shirt and a pair of black leggings. I walked back over to my bed and tossed over the covers. I crawled in and nuzzled myself into them. I flicked on the TV and turned it to "Say Yes to the Dress." I just sat there and relaxed, thinking through the days events.

1.My best friend was in a car wreck.
2.I got in a fight with my other best friend.
3. Josiah probably hates me.
4. I don't care about number three.
5. Number four is a lie.

Eventually I lost count of reasons the day was awful and slipped into a peaceful, thought-free sleep.