26. one night only

𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝐼 𝐵𝑂𝑅𝐸𝐷 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑊𝐴𝑇𝐶𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝐴 𝐷𝐴𝑉𝐼𝐷 𝐷𝑂𝐵𝑅𝐼𝐾 𝑉𝐿𝑂𝐺 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑅𝐷 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝑆𝑂𝑁𝐺 ^^ 𝐴𝑁𝐷 𝑇𝐻𝑂𝑈𝐺𝐻𝑇 𝐼𝑇 𝐹𝐼𝑇 𝑊𝐸𝐿𝐿 𝐹𝑂𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐾𝐼𝑆𝑆 𝑆𝐶𝐸𝑁𝐸? 𝑀𝐴𝑌𝐵𝐸.

𝐼'𝑀 𝑆𝑂 𝑆𝑂𝑅𝑅𝑌 𝑇𝑂 𝐴𝑁𝑌𝑂𝑁𝐸 𝑊𝐻𝑂 𝐵𝑅𝑂𝐾𝐸 𝐷𝑂𝑊𝑁 𝐵𝐸𝐶𝐴𝑈𝑆𝐸 𝑂𝐹 𝐿𝐴𝑆𝑇 𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅! 𝐵𝑈𝑇 𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝑂𝑂𝐾 𝐴𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐸 𝐺𝐼𝐹— 𝐼 𝐻𝑂𝑃𝐸 𝐼𝑇 𝐴𝑁𝑆𝑊𝐸𝑅𝑆 𝑌𝑂𝑈𝑅 𝑄𝑈𝐸𝑆𝑇𝐼𝑂𝑁𝑆. :)

"I should fire you for what you did

"I should fire you for what you did."

Hotch clicked the pen in his hands, folding one leg over the other as he narrowed his head, scribbling miscellaneous notes on the page before him. "One— you are a media liaison. You have not been certified to go out in the field, let alone by yourself. You're allowed to carry a gun, but that is it."

"Not to mention she cursed more than my Uncle Sal on a Saturday night watching the Cubs with a bottle of scotch in one hand and rum in the other," Rossi added. You and Hotch both looked over at him as he spoke, and he looked back at you, pressing his lips into a thin line as he said, "Not the time for comedic relief. Got it."

"Two," Hotch said as he leaned down, writing more on the page visible before him. "You called a press conference without my clearance just so you could lure the unsub out of hiding. You better be glad the fight wasn't filmed on live TV; otherwise you would've been screwed for lunging at a girl without probable cause."

"Probable cause?" Hotch's words made you scoff, crossing your arms as you quickly objected, "The girl was holding Spencer hostage and we knew it! Besides, I don't think that any of this is fair considering-"

"-Three," Hotch interrupted you. He looked at you for a moment, his eyes searching yours before he finally said, "You cursed more than Dave's Uncle Sal on a Saturday night watching the Cubs with a bottle of scotch in one hand and rum in the other."

"Okay, what the hell-"

"-Four," Hotch said. "What were you thinking? Not telling us that you knew where Reid was and going after him on your own? We're a team, (Y/L/N), and when one of our own is in trouble, then it is imperative to all of us that we work together."

"I wasn't thinking," you replied.

"Yeah, clearly."

"All I knew was what I was told," you explained. "That Spencer didn't have a whole lot of time and I just... I just left. I didn't even think. I went after him and I found him. Isn't that what's really important? That I found him and that we got to him in time?"