Leo

Between the thumping of the music and the thumping of his rapidly beating heart, Leo was having a difficult time deciphering what Calypso was saying.

"What??" He yelled.

"Let's go find your friends!" She hollered.

"Ok!"

"WHAT?"

"OK!!"

Calypso giggled. They left the corner they had spent all night in and went in search for Leo's friends.

Frank was by the bonfire debating with Clairesse over the best form of weaponry (Frank said a bow and arrow, Clairesse said a spear). Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, and Nico were all swimming in the lake fully clothed. And Reyna and Hazel were sitting on the otherwise deserted beach.

"Are you two finished talking?" Frank asked tentatively.

Hazel and Reyna exchanged grins and nodded. Reyna jumped up, nearly bursting with excitement. This surprised Leo because he always saw Reyna scowling and looking so serious. He never really stopped and thought that she was like any other human being and liked to have fun.

"Everyone sit down!" She commanded. "I have an important announcement I'd like to tell you guys first before anyone else."

The group of friends sat in the sand, shoving each other to get the best spot.

Reyna took a calming breath before she said anything. And then, "I have made the difficult decision to leave Camp Jupiter and become a Hunter of Artemis. This of course, means I'll have to retire from my role as praetor. So please say hello to your future praetor, Hazel Levesque!"

At first there was a shocked silence. But all at once everyone broke into uproarious applause. Frank snagged Hazel and pulled her into a kiss so deep that she nearly passed out from embarrassment and giddiness.

Nico DiAngelo stood and dusted sand off of his jeans. "In that case, I have an announcement as well." He said quietly. He stood in front of all of them, literally quaking in his shoes because he was so nervously. "I'm gay." He blurted. "I'm gay and I'm dating Will. I used to have a crush on Percy."

Percy scoffed. "He told me that I'm 'not his type'. Can you believe that? I've never been so offended."

"I'm so glad you told us." Piper beamed. "I knew all along, but if you didn't want to tell me I wasn't going to ask."

"This explains why you're always in the infirmary." Frank mused.

"Him and Will are playing doctor." Leo raised his eyebrows suggestively.

Nico groaned. "Oh gods. Don't you dare, Valdez."

"Seriously, though, Nico," Jason said. "Thanks for telling us. It means a lot and it was very brave, too."

Hazel nodded. "I'm happy that people today are so much more accepting about it than people from my era."

Calypso agreed. "Times sure have changed. Thank gods for the better, though."

Nico sighed like he had just freed himself from a ball and chain around his ankle. He sat back down and together, the whole group of friends laid back in the sand and admired the starry sky.

"That constellation is new." Calypso pointed towards a bright cluster of stars.

"Yeah," Percy said sadly. "Remember that girl I told you about? Zoë Nightshade? When she died she turned into a constellation. That one is her."

Calypso grabbed Leo's hand and sighed forlornly. "I've missed so much during my exile. Everything is different now. Please, tell me all about your adventures."

So together, Leo and his friends wove the story of their journey. They laughed, interrupted each other, corrected each other, and remembered their travels together all night long.

Leo couldn't think of anywhere else he'd rather be.