Hazel

While Reyna was a great girl and all, Hazel really didn't plan on spending the entire party with her. She wanted to be with Frank all night long. So when Reyna pulled Hazel to the side for a chat, she wasn't exactly thrilled.

They sat down beside one of the tiki torches on the beach. The flame from it illuminated the top of Reyna's black hair like a fiery halo.

"Thalia Grace and my sister, Hylla came to me in a dream the other night." She began.

Hazel furrowed her brow. How did this involve her? "What did they want?"

Reyna took a deep breath. "They want to end the rivalry between the hunters and the amazons and work together more. They won't necessarily become one, but they'll still sort of unite."

"Um. That's good."

"And since I'm the sister of Hylla," she continued. "They've asked me to sort of act as a peace treaty and become a hunter for Artemis."

Hazel's mouth dropped open. "But you're our praetor! And besides," she playfully nudged Reyna's shoulder with her own. "Hunters can't date."

"Which is precisely why I believe this is fate." Reyna replied. "Aphrodite herself told me I won't find love with another demigod. Piper told me that this could mean anything. Like I could just love a mortal instead. But I think it means I won't love AT ALL. So this has to be my destiny. I'm supposed to join the hunters."

"But you can't!" Hazel blurted. "Who would replace you as praetor?"

Reyna smiled. "That's where you come in."

Hazel's mouth popped back open. Reyna would think it was broken if she didn't stop that. "M-me?"

"Would you be willing to take my place as Praetor, Hazel? After all you've done, you deserve it."

Hazel opened and closed her mouth like a marionette as she tried to formulate a response. "I... Reyna, this is..." She blinked and shook the clouds out of her head. "I would be honored."