a life for her treason

⊰ chapter fifteen ⊱

Marry me, Jungkook smiled out of the chamber thinking about those still, cold eyes and the plump red lips not hesitating to demand it. And when she laughed out loud, holding her chest and the tension dismissed, he was brought back to life.

I am joking! Look at your face! Was what she had said right after, and kissed his cheeks before going to bed. Dara Koveski had been a wonder and Jungkook did not know how his friend Taehyung was doing at the dinner tonight. He waited at the gardens, strolling across the gardens with Jimin but his mind was upstairs.

"Thinking about her, again? They both are fine. You know what an expert Taehyung is," Jimin reassured.

Jungkook nodded, "It's actually Taehyung I am worried about, Not Dara."

If Taehyung was a canon, Dara was an entire explosion.

Jimin gave him a look, "I have seen you summon her by her first name. Are you both that close or are the rumors true? I could make a handful of scenarios or possibilities out of you two; one of them could be, the Princess wants you envious of Taehyung-,"

"Soldier." Jungkook warned.

"What?" Jimin's eyes broadened as they kept on strolling through the evenly lined up gardens, "I haven't seen much spark between Taehyung and her for her to call him up for dinners, Jungkook."

"Because she does not need the sparks. Marriage is a need, nor a want. Dara should take the throne as soon as possible. There are people in the shadows lurking and only if she secures the throne, will Dara think of bigger things," Jungkook thought of it, she already did bigger things than expected under everyone's nose.

"Complicacy." Jimin commented, "She is beautiful though. Is her hair real?"

"It is." Jungkook never thought of it.

"It looks like magic. It's only been a few weeks since I dyed my hair after losing a game with Seokjin-he is so vile to me when you aren't around. He even made me clean the bathroom floors that day-it was his turn." Jimin said and then paused to find Jungkook's eyes stuck up the manor's bright windows and saw two shadows in the balcony.

Taehyung and Dara, wine glasses in their hands. Dara was smiling brightly as Taehyung was implying something. Jimin glanced at Jungkook whose eyes did not tear off the two nearing each other and he pulled him away, jerking him off the scene, "Don't stare that way!"

He came back to senses, and nodded. He realized it would be disrespectful and soon they turned away from the Main Palace. On their way out, Jungkook's ears perked up at the loud laugh from the balcony and before he could turn around again, he heard the door of the balcony shut close, the laughing subtly behind those doors.

"Let's grab some beer." Jungkook suggested, his head throbbing.

*****

Taehyung returned late that night at the Quarters and when he did, he jerked Jungkook awake from his restless sleep. Jungkook squinted his eyes open, lips twitched and annoyed to be awake in the middle of the night. Taehyung's lips were smudged with lipstick and it was the first thing Jungkook chuckled at as he sat up, "You really laid her down?"