dara koveski, the heir

DARA ARVERI

DARA ARVERI

The sixteen-year-old held her heart tight as she curved her lips into a sublime smile, watching the doors to the front hall open widely for her awaited guest to walk in. She held herself from gasping at the shining crown perched precariously on the man's head as his cape dragged along behind him. She happened to notice the smile on his lips, opening his arms for her to crash into. The man bent on his knees, hugging the younger and kissing her forehead after, her face cupped in his palms before pulling away to look at her.

He smiled proudly, "You have grown well, Dara."

"I missed you, Papa," she smiled, her eyes concealing the many questions she had for the old man. She touched his soft hair, she commented, "You have grown some grey strands, Your Majesty." The man let out a soft chuckle.

He couldn't help but shrug at his daughter's statement, "Your old man misses you every day. It's only fair if I am not being taken care of properly since my Dara isn't around," he said, nodding after so.

The Princess' eyes lit up, "So are you saying you will take me with you this time? To the Kingdom? To the Main Palace?"

The King pushed her hopes away one more time, making the light in Dara's eyes dim low. Her once scarlet cheeks, soft freckles across her nose and her radiant smile were now hopeless. But she wasn't fully surprised because it happened on a regular basis.

He stood up and took Dara's hand, starting to walk inside and bringing her after him. The servants at the quarter bowed their heads upon his entrance at the division of the Meyrem. Dara decided to stay close to her father as long as he was available here, hiding under his cape being a great option to skip her lessons for the day.

A woman in black robes, hair tied in a tight bun with several white pins and coruscating eyes ran down the hall room and presented herself in front of the King. She bowed lightly, keeping her head low. The King looked at his youngest daughter before glancing at the woman, "Lady Heyra, you don't look like you were expecting me here this week, or did you?

"Your Majesty." She shook a little and Dara took her chance to make fun of the overly powered woman when the King's absence was noted only to do so within the company of her mind and herself.

"If we were only informed of your arrival earlier we could have prepared more than just our regular feast. You see, almost all of the students have only left their quarters last evening. We are about to get right into the cleaning, you know that neatness is incredibly important to us."

"That will be enough." The King smiled at Dara who only kept her lashes staring down at Lady Heyra, whose head wouldn't dare look up.

The man in the lavishing luxury spoke once more as he ran his hands down his daughter's little back, "How is my daughter progressing?,"

The girl's eyes rolled away from Lady Heyra as the woman opened her mouth once, as if gasping for air, happy to nurture the complaints she had. As if she had been waiting for this moment all her life. Her gloomy eyes smiled along with her thin lips as he clapped her hands in the middle and stated, "The Princess, well, she has an intolerable habit of skipping classes and escaping the lessons she does not acquire interests in. I happen to believe it's a great violation to our academy rules and laws, but her being the King of Zisk's daughter―"