her foul mouth

⊰ chapter seven ⊱

⊰ chapter seven ⊱

Centuries ago, there were three siblings that were heirs for the blood throne. Agnus, Elois, and Arver. Agnus was immensely built, a true warrior who had both saved and warred and was the perfect heir for the crown while Elois was a sister so beautiful, the atlas bowed down to the emerald orbs. She married an ordinary man, gave birth to two children. Agnus married a woman from another realm, the child she bore was later unfound because of the treason Princess Elois's spouse came with; he attempted a clear murder of King Agnus and Prince Arver so he and his wife could take the throne. Elois didn't live long after Prince Arver killed her husband in the treason of murdering the King of Zisk.

Arver was compelled to take the throne after most of his family became ashes. The only ones left were the infants of Elois who died from pain and heartache. Arver embraced her children, but the locals did not. None favored Theon, nor Adona as they titled them as the children of the traitor. Arver was worried about the heirs they would make, so he started to see Eastern sorcerer's in secret. And what came next, changed everything for him and his Kingdom:

May she descends, may your only daughter take the throne. May she have enemies, may she struggle but she must take your crown. Her blood will not flow in your veins, her eyes will not seem like your orbs, her hair will be berry red and she will savor one with the strength of a broken blade.

Arver sighed, the riddles of the past still fresh to his ears as he listened and listened to the voices in his head. Then he stood up and commanded a Guard, "Ask the Princess to be present at today's court caucus. I will see her in her best clothes."

Dara did as she was told to; in her best shirt, high-waisted pants, and a Zekh similar to her father's but shorter and with less gold to it. She followed her father inside the wide Court where all the advisors and bishops stood up and bowed their heads in honor of their presence. Dara found herself a seat at the corner but then the King and the Court stared at her with a horrified expression.

There he was, a hand on Dara's back as Jeon appeared, "Your place isn't in the audience. The King ordered for you to be at the General's seat for today's meeting."

Dara swore her eyes widened and popped out at least once as she gave him a hesitant nod. Jeon led his Princess to the chair aside the King and Dara stared at her father for a long minute. Arver's lips curved into a smile and he looked at the room full of people, "Sit."

None sat before Dara took her place and Jeon settled a few steps away from Dara. The caucus began, and Dara's nerves rose with every passing second. The issue of the Eastern attacks in the past one week arose and Dara was all ears about it. The King announced, "The Princess was attacked on her way to the port. She was driven to come to the lonely port. It was the Easterns. Again on the Gala night, she was chased by them...we can't let this go on. Negotiating is not helping."