🇳🇬13-THIRTEEN🇳🇬

Start from the beginning

"Yes, Iman. Where is she?"

"Ooh, so you guys named her 'witch'?" I chuckled.

"Yes, she definitely deserves the name," Amirah said.

"Well, I heard that she went back to the US. I don't know whether she will return, though," I mentioned.

"Well, I hope she doesn't," Farhan added.

"Maybe she gave up because she knows she has no chance of getting back with Abubakar. Don't you guys think so?" Mimi asked.

"Well, I don't know, but I hope ta hakura because she has no chance with my husband," I said.

"Do you guys really think she will give up just like that? I see her as a determined witch, and I'm sure she won't just leave, even because of the kids. But well, I hope she has given up and turned a new leaf," Ibty stated, with a shrug.

"Let's stop talking about the witch, please." I waved the topic off, feeling uncomfortable.

"Okay," they answered and shifted the conversation to something else.

****

I kissed the kids goodnight and went to my room to change my clothes, do my hair and makeup. After getting ready, I gathered my things and made my way downstairs where Abubakar was waiting for me.

"I'm ready!" I announced with a smile.

"Damn!!! You look gorgeous, wifey," he complimented, making me blush.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself," I replied, as he placed a kiss on my knuckles.

"Please tell me where we're going too," I pleaded as we hopped into the car.

"Asmau, it's a surprise. You have to wait and see for yourself," he said, starting the engine as we drove off.

"But you know I'm carrying our babies inside me, right? I hope the place has food," I pouted.

"Asmau, you won't be the end of me. Of course, there's food there, you glutton," he chuckled.

"Is it my fault that I'm pregnant?" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Someone is mad at me," he teased, and I frowned.

"So, you won't even apologize to me, huh?"

"Nope, I won't," he replied, sticking to his decision.

"Okay then. Don't talk to me again. Never again," I turned my head to face the window.

"Okay," he continued driving, keeping the silence between us.

"We're here," he announced after 20 minutes of silence.

"Finally," I muttered, rolling my eyes and stepping out of the car.

"What is this place?" I asked, standing in front of a gorgeous multi-story building.

"Can't you read?" he quipped, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Yes, Abubakar, I can't read. You'll have to teach me," I sarcastically replied.

"If you're done, can we head inside?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, let's go," I replied, and we entered the building.

Abubakar went over to the receptionist while I stood to the side, admiring the elegant interior of the hotel.

"Let's go," he ordered, leading the way to the elevator.

"What are we doing here, Abubakar?" I asked as we stepped into the elevator.