Chapter 33 The secret promise

Princess Adiya's (Diya's ) POV

"So is it related to a male?" Asked Grandmother. I wondered how she felt so comfortable talking about these things! But she was way ahead of her generation. And the way she and grandfather look at each other, makes my heart flutter about the true love!

"Grandmother, you cant ask me questions like that!" I tried to resist her.

"Okay so it's related to a male. And you are in love." She made a statement.

"How do you know if it's love?"

"I already knew from your dreamy looks and grinning face during the court procedure. Your mother thought it was a phase but she is too liberal with you. Now who is he?" She asked.

I told her everything about Sahil and our Gurukul days (except of our heated encounters and dips in the waterfall)

"Grandmother I know he will prove to be an excellent King for our Kingdom!" I tried to assure her.

"And what if he doesn't prove to be one?" Asked Grandmother.

"I alone am capable of ruling the entire Kingdom grandma. I don't need any Prince or King for that! I have trained myself for years to be a great Ruler like you and Grandfather!" I claimed.

"The reason why I love him is because he loves me irrespective of the fact that I am some Princess. He thinks I am a commoner. And that's the most beautiful part!" I told her.

"And what will happen after his illusion will break?" I was asked the question I feared the most!

"I will handle that. As of now, all I want is to win this war! And then, I will tell him everything!" I told her.

"I trust you daughter. I know you won't do anything to harm the reputation of our family and the Kingdoms. That's why I am allowing you to go! Come back home before dawn! Probably its wrong on my part to allow you to go without any soldiers or bodyguards but you want to keep the demure of a commoner so I am not stopping you."

I hugged my grandmother. She was very understanding. I wanted to make her and everyone in my family proud. But the future was uncertain. So I wanted to make the best of the meeting. Probably it was my last meeting with Sahil.

I climbed down the palace as my grandmother retired to her chambers after promising me that my secret was safe with her.

I took off towards the route of the Gurukul! My hair flew with the cool breeze and I felt free in the pitch black night! While the whole town was sleeping, I was the most active soul! I wanted to live the moment !