Chapter 3 Scarred face

Adiya's POV

"Okay good Diya. Assume the defending position. Left left! Yes now right!" Instructed my Guruji while I managed my sword.

In front of me was the most haughtiest guy of our class. Suryansh (I don't know his real name. It's what Guruji has kept). He behaved as if he was a prince or something.

In midst of clinking of the two swords, I heard some footsteps and turned around to see Sahil entering the ground.

Unknown to me, the sword of Suryansh hit my face.

The blood started oozing and I could feel the pain. As if being stung by some insect. Luckily the sword was made up of wood. Since we students weren't proficient in swordsmanship ,Guruji decided to exercise caution.

"Ahhh" I Shouted.

Guruji rushed towards me. He scolded Suryansh for being so negligent in handling the sword. I was also scolded for not paying attention .

"I am sorry" I tried to fight back my tears and my cracking voice.

"It's okay daughter" Said Guruji as he understanding looked towards me and instructed Sahil to help me apply ointment on my wounds.

Sahil took me to my hut and then collected some turmeric powder from Guruji's wife Acharya and directly applied on my wounds. The bleeding then stopped.

"What if.... what if" I asked in between my sobs.

"What if?" He asked gently.

"What if these scars stay on my face forever.?" I asked him about the thing that scared me the most. I mean I wasn't that good looking female but scars wouldn't add to beauty on my face.

"No they are temporary. But even if they are permanent, these are the scars of  a warrior and a true warrior should be proud of it" he smiled.

"So you think that I am a warrior?" I asked wondering if my cover was lifted.

"I don't know. There is something about you that makes me feel that you are a warrior. And yet,... and yet I don't think you have developed as a warrior yet." He said.

"So when do you think I will become a warrior?" I asked him.

"I will let you know the day when you would be a warrior." He assured me and left the hut so that I could rest.

"There is something that you lack though" he said.

"What do I lack?" I asked scared if he would point out that I am not a good looking female.

"The power of determination. The determination to be the best, the determination to be the strongest, the determination to assume the leadership, the determination to help the weaker students." He said.

"But you had said that I am the weakest student." I reminded him.

"And yet I see tremendous potential in you. Not only me, Guruji feels the same." He said.

"Don't think much.  Just try to be a feisty confident warrior that you can be." He said as he gently caressed the white coloured pigeon that he had recently saved from the clutches of a dog. It's one eye was injured and yet, it looked so pure... so beautiful... We were yet to name it.

He was doing the same with me. Caressing my wounds and trying to make me self reliant.