Ren reluctantly plays nanny

"Hello, kids. Ready to go home?" Ren beams at the kids, waiting for them get into the car (which Luna reluctantly let her borrow as Priya couldn't) with a very odd look on their faces. Except Abby, maybe. But even she looks odd, unnerving Ren a bit, with that bright toothy grin plastered on her face.

She's not too sure why they're looking at her as if she swallowed a whole bucket of worms. Their morning bonding went rather well, she thinks.

Ren woke a tad bit late and Priya had to scream at her for a while. Demi, that tiny little mafia boss, somehow woke up earlier than the rest and already had his bath by the time Ren crawled all the way to the bathroom. He looked at her in such distaste that she almost got too tempted to pull him by his hair and shake him. Only a day into meeting him and he was already making her feel like a peasant from the 17th century.

And Abby was...interesting. Sally helped Ren and guided her in the morning. They simply had to prepare Abby's bath and let her wash up on her own while they ironed her clothes, even Demi's. Simple task but not as easy as it sounds considering how Abby likes to waste time while playing with the water. Ren isn't sure what sort of 'water fairy' she sees while bathing but that sure as heck is irritating in the morning and also slightly scary. Priya used to play a lot during bath-times and she had lots of fairy friends. But Ren was an odd child- hated bathing and not even a rubber duck could keep her occupied. She used to be pretty...straightforward, even as a child. That positively scared her parents.

Abby was still not used to Ren's presence. And Ren wasn't sure how to make her wear clothes or...whatever the hell she was supposed to do. Demi promptly carried his clothes away to get dressed on his own, earning a nod of approval from Ren (not that he cared). But Abby was restless. Ren had to awkwardly persuade her to step into that damn skirt because Sally was already off to get ready herself and Ren knew she was going to die soon.

It took a while to get used to Abby's whims and get her dressed.

Now, the thing about Ren is that she loves her hair (even though she doesn't know shit about hair care) and can really excel in making cute little hairstyles. On herself. She never tried on others. So having Abby as a test subject was a gift sent from whatever higher power plays with her life normally.

It wasn't until Priya came marching into the room, barking at them to hurry up while, quite scarily, shaking a spatula at them, that Ren realised she was taking a bit too much time styling Abby's hair. But it was still a cute hairdo! French braid extraordinaire, Renita Kashyap. Two adorable braids. Abby finally looked cute enough in Ren's eyes after sporting that fantastic look Ren chose for her. And even Abby liked it! She squealed in excitement and, to Ren's horror, began to shake her head wildly for some damn odd reason.

("Oy, you!" Ren had to hold her still. "Don't ruin my work, you brat! Stop moving or I'm going to take it off! What the hell!")

Demi, packing his bag behind them, looked highly unimpressed. But he did laugh after Ren made the poor choice of cursing in Abby's presence which prompted the hyper brat to later repeat with a dramatic flare upon seeing Priya add tomatoes to her sandwich.

That earned two horrified gasps from Priya and Sall, and a snort (but it was totally a laugh considering his usual state) from Demi while Ren began to dread Abby saying she learned from Ren. Priya did that enough as a child to mentally scar Ren.

Abby, of course, blamed Ren.

Priya wasn't impressed. Neither was Sally who firmly asked Abby to not repeat it again. Whatever.

But, Ren drove them to school and they reached on time. And by on time, she means, way before the bell rang and that was a big success. Sally was already pretty worried about reaching late as they have moved quite a distance away from their school. So, she should have been pleased with Ren. The kids, however, scrambled out of the car as soon as they reached. Demi legit ran, while Sally threw a weak thank you Ren's way before dashing off. Abby looked too excited for some odd reason but Ren couldn't inquire because she was pulled away by Demi.