Chapter 1- Some Unexpected News

The sunlight filled Ally's bedroom with warmth and light. Ally's puppy, Amber, tugged at her blanket. "Amber, I'm trying to sleep..." mumbled Ally. "Woof, woof!" barked Amber. Ally rolled out of bed. "Amber, stop chewing the sheets." she said. Amber scurried towards her. As Ally touched Amber's soft, white fur, she heard her mom's voice outside the door. "Ally, honey, come downstairs please, your father and I need to have a talk with you." Ally yawned. It was 10AM which wasn't a surprise, because that's when she always woke up on weekends. "Hurry up Ally!" shouted her mom from downstairs. "I'm coming, I'm coming." replied Ally, feeling annoyed. She walked down the stairs slowly. When she reached the bottom, she saw her mom and dad sitting around the kitchen table, eating breakfast, next to the pretty lavenders on the kitchen top, given to her by her Aunt Gwen. "What?" asked Ally, "Why did you call me?"

 "Hi honey." said her dad. Ally stared at them, eyebrows raised. She saw her mom glance at her dad. "So... Ally, we know you're not going to like this, but..." her mom trailed off.

"But, what?" asked Ally
"You're going to a new school Ally." answered her dad.
"WHAT?"

Ally had finally woken up.