Chapter Three

The next day was Monday, and Monday meant school, which also meant me giving a fuck. Which obviously wasn't my favorite thing to do.
So as I sit now, in the parking lot to Manchester high, I closed my eyes, and prepared for the worst.
Usually I ride with pete and patrick to school, but today was the first day of senior year. I needed to be alone.
Finally, after about 30 minutes if preparing myself for pure hell, I opened my eyes and stepped out if the car.
And holy shit, did I wish I had waited another minute.
As if on cue, I watched the sleek, black car, sliding into the parking lot. And then I saw him.
Shhh. Annabel. It's just me.
All summer I'd heard those words drift through my head. All summer I'd tried to find that car. All summer if tried to find him. Brendon urie.
And as he stepped out of the car, his black sunglasses glaring in the sun, all words escaped me. I saw him scan the parking lot, and I could tell he'd spotted me. But he didn't care. He didn't even seem to know who I was. I knew that was wrong.
I finally got myself together, and pulled along into the school.

-------------
When me and shay were friends, we'd always sit on our special bench. We'd have lunch there with eachother, and our other friend Emily. Who, if you hadn't noticed already, hated me too. I guess everyone did these days.
The rest of the band would sit and eat lunch on this wall in the side of the school. They didn't seem to mind, but I could tell patrick missed eating lunch with him. Or just me.
So now, after the 5th Period bell rang, I headed out to B lunch with Pete, Patrick, Andy, and joe.
I didn't feel like eating the shitty excuse for food that our school served, so I kept stealing these tiny pretzel things out of Andy's lunch.
"Look at that girls boobs," Pete said, as he nudged patrick, who didn't seem so interested.
"Fake." Andy suggested, which I guess was toward the boobs.
"So you think you'll start eating here with us again?" Patrick asked.
"Of course she will," joe added, "especially after the date you guys had last night." Joe smirked, and patrick shot a glare at him. I laughed a little in response.
"Seriously dude look at them!" Pete was pointing at the girl now, while shaking joe.
"Dude they're fake," andy answered for him, moving Pete's arm back to its place.
"Look they're not even moving when she walks"
Pete seemed to ignore that pact and nudged patrick again.
"What do y-"
"I don't care about her tits pete!"
But really, I wasn't paying attention to any of this. I was looking over at Shay, and get huge group of friends. I tried to see myself with them again, tried to put myself there once more. But I couldn't. It just wasn't where I belonged.
I only stopped staring when I heard the word "boner" , and that's when I figured I had enough, and hopped off the wall.
Turns out I did that a little to forcefully, and almost landed face down on the cement.
Almost.
I looked up, and found myself staring into the perfect, sun glass lined face of Brendon Urie.
Shhh Annabel. It's just me.
I lost my breath, as I felt his muscular arm around my waist, the only thing stopping my face from crashing into the cement. This was a feeling I knew all too well. Except this was much more heroic.
"There" he said after pulling me up to my feet.
I didn't say anything, just stared at him. I couldn't find my words, and I began to feel sick.
"Still go to parties Annabel?" He asked, a hint of mystery in his voice.
"No." I shot back, getting ready to walk away.
"That's too bad. I miss having to around Annabel Greene." He seemed to sing the last two words, in a rhythmic matter. And the poem came back to me.
Annabel, Annabel, Annabel Greene.
This couldn't be happening.
It's been so long since I dwelled on that night. This can't come up now.
"I.." I started, feeling something come up in my throat. I could feel the group watching me. I could feel everyone watching me. I could feel shay watching, her eyes filled with disgust, and a second later, I felt her hand slap against my skin.
I stood there for a moment, taking the clash in, then I turned around and started waking.
"What the fuck are you doing?" She yelled, following quickly after me.
"What were you doing, talking to him?"
She was talking about brendon, but I just kept walking, trying to block her out.
"Didn't you get enough that night Annabel? Still want more from my boyfriend?"
Any other day, I'd just keep walking. Any other day if hide out I'm the bathroom. Any other day, I'd just let it go. Not today.
For whatever reason, something snapped in me, and I turned around and shoved shay, knocking her over.
She glared at me with pure hatred.
"Whore."
It was only one word, only one syllable. But it broke me.
And suddenly I was running. Sprinting even. Out of the school, and into the front lawn.
Then I collapsed, breathing heavily. And I felt all the tears, all the lies, all the things I kept inside, come out, as I leaned over and threw it all up.
I wiped my mouth and cried. Hard.
It wasn't until someone tapped me in the back that I snapped into reality. I opened my eyes then, and looked up at the hand reaching out for me. I took it, and looked into his grayish green eyes. As always, patrick was there for me.