Sighing heavily I looked up to the moon. As if it could give me my answers.

"Hey wait a minute." I said in realization. I snapped my head back towards my brothers carching their attention. "Maybe it was that hunter from the church."

"You mean my father?" Yui asked worried. Her eyes went wide, her breathing started to pick up.

"That would make sense. Since we kidnapped her after letting her go." Shuu said slowly opening his eyes.

"You mean we don't get to kill any sohmas?" Kanato asked frowning. He pouted and sadness clear in his voice.

I was very grateful. Watching the moon calms me. Maybe thats why I got my answer. It always helps me think rationally.

"No." I answered simply. You could hear the gratefulness in my tone. Although I meant to hide it.

"Psh." Ayato cursed to himself. He was really looking forward to it apparently. Why? Maybe it was because someone had forgotten their promise to me. He saw how much pain I was in because of it. "I don't know why you love that boy Subaru. He's no good for you." He stared at me frowning.

"I agree. He broke his promise to you." Laito stated seriously.

"You can't really expect him to remember after 2 years do you?" Yui asked surprised. She looked at me unbelieving. I frowned hard at her making her flinch.

"Of course I do. When one makes a vow they are supposed to keep it. Otherwise ..." I trailed off. I didn't want to finish that sentence.

"I'm sorry." My eyes went wide and my body froze. My palms started to sweat. I was afraid for once in my life. Breath caught in my throat.

How? How could I have missed his presence? Why didn't we sense him? We were that engrossed in our conversation that we totally missed the two mortals sitting in the tree behind me?

I didn't want to look. I looked to Reiji for help. I had no idea what I wanted help for. However it seemed Ayato did because he stood up and walked in front of me blocking there view. Laito scooted over next to me trying to calm me down. Just knowing that momiji was behind me watching me made my breathing increase.

"Shh..." Laito whispered softly. However I had a feeling that momiji was able to hear everything that was being said.

"What do you want?" Ayato demanded rudely. He was shielding me. I felt a soft tear run down my face.

"I want to talk to Subaru. If you don't mind." Momiji said calmly dismissing Ayato. Ayato's boldness didn't seem to bother momiji in the least. He was confident and demanding but in a soft way that didn't feel threatening to us.

"Subaru?" Ayato asked coming over to squat down in front of me. Yui was sitting next to me. She suddenly wiped the stray tear away.  Unknowingly hurting momiji deeply.

"That's up to my brother." Shuu said sitting up staring hard at him. They weren't smiling. My brothers seemed angry. Furious with these sohmas. For all sorts of reasons and him hurting me didn't help.

"Please." Momiji pleaded softly. He was begging. It almost made me want to stay and listen to what he has to say. However I was afraid to. Afraid that he would forget.

He only wants to talk because he feels guilty and this is what I was trying to avoid. Hoping.

I closed my eyes and turned my head upwards towards the moon. Feeling the calming breeze gently caress my face.

I sighed once I had calmed down. I had my breathing under control. The moons bright glow seems to calm me.

"Sure I'll speak to you." I said calmly in a soft yet stern tone. I kept my eyes closed as I sat there enjoying the breeze. My brothers didn't say anything for a while before dismissing us.

They agreed to wait up for me at the house. I had until 6 am. Though I doubt it'd take that long.

I heard soft pitter patters of his shoes crossing the rooftop gently trying to stay steady. I listened for anyone else. I enhanced my hearing to see if I heard any signs of breathing. Glad I did too because I knew people were down on the ground listening.

"I know your there." I said in a loud voice. Hearing there breathing pick up made me smile. They knew I was talking to them. "Leave." I demanded. Hearing the soft scrambles of the other mortals crawl inside made me sigh in relief.

We were alone at last. I could feel myself getting nervous inside. However thankfully I didn't let it show. On the outside I looked calm and collected but the inside I felt like I was falling apart.

Was this love? If it was I didn't like it. It was too painful. I wish I had never met him. I wouldn't be in this much pain.

"I'm sorry for that." I heard momiji's soft voice speak up with sadness. He was sitting next to me. Close to my side. Probably because he didn't want to fall off.

"For what?" I asked curious. How much had he heard? How much did this kid know?

"For hurting you." He whispered. My eyes snapped open looking to him with all seriousness. "For the record I'm glad I met you."

My eyes went wide with surprise and fear. Had I voiced my thoughts by accident?

"Did I say that outloud?" I asked in a whisper eyes growing wide by the second. Fear etched onto my face visibly.

"Yes you did." He said smiling softly at me. His eyes held sadness and regret. He was feeling guilty. As I had thought.

Seeing that made my face turn hard. My fear turned into one of anger. Frowning down at him.

"I don't need your pity." I snapped softly. I stood up abruptly. I was to turn and take my leave as painful as it was. But before I could I felt too soft arms wrap themselves around me, holding me in place.

"I didn't mean it like that." He whispered sadly into my back. He held my tight. Knowing that if he didn't I'd leave and I'd never come back.

"Get off." I demanded in a whisper. It was 3 in the morning. So I didn't want to wake anyone else up. Knowing if I did they would all be listening in. And I didn't want that.

"For the record you were always in my thoughts." He said softly against my nape.