Percy

It was the last week of August. School was about to start meaning camp was about to end for the summer. Aside from a couple stray monsters that made it to Camp Halfblood's boundaries, the last few weeks of August had been pretty relaxing.

While Percy had been away fighting the Giants, dozens of new demigods filled up he cabins. He couldn't even remember everyone's names. Annabeth told him that there were so many new campers, a few of the cabins would possibly need remodeled to have second floors.

"Is our very best architect on the job?" He asked, wrapping an arm around Annabeth's waist. They were sitting on the edge of the dock to the canoe lake with their bare feet dangling in the water.

"If you mean me, then no." Annabeth replied sadly. "I would love to, but I'm still busy with my Mount Olympus project! I think Athena needs a few more statues."

"As long as she doesn't have more than Poseidon. In fact, Poseidon should have the most."

The two sat on the dock, playfully bickering about which god deserved more statues.

"Poseidon doesn't even live on Mount Olympus!"

"Well Athena already has an entire city dedicated to her. It's not like she really NEEDS any more recognition." Percy leaned back on his elbows. "Athena can only have more statues if you create a Poseidon Parthanos."

Behind them, the two heard someone bleat, "Per-r-rcy!"

Galloping up the dock was non other than Grover Underwood. His horns had grown more since the this had last been together and his acne had completely cleared up. Percy had to admit, for being half goat (and a guy), Grover looked pretty good.

Percy grinned and scrambled up to greet his best friend. "Where have you been? It feels like I haven't seen you in years!"

"I just got back from London." Grover answered. He pulled a tin can out of his backpack and took a large bite out of it. Between chews he added, "You wouldn't believe what the demigods are like there. When I went to retrieve them they kept asking about some school for wizards."

Annabeth scoffed. "PLEASE. As if wizards are even real."

"Your mother is literally a Greek myth." Percy pointed out dryly. "I don't think you really have room to talk about what's real and what's not."

His girlfriend elbowed him in the ribs. "Hush."

Grover smiled. "It's good to know some things never change."

"Have you talked to Juniper yet?" Annabeth asked. "You know she'll want to see you."

"She's next on my list of people to talk to. You two were first, obviously. I'll go find her right now. After I do I'll have to head out again. But I'll see you both again soon!"

Annabeth slipped her hand into Percy's. "We should go to the Hephaestus cabin. They wanted to talk to us, Jason, Hazel, Piper, and Frank about..." She bit her lip. "Leo's burial shroud."

"I thought we were waiting until the last night of camp?" Percy asked mournfully.

"We are, but they want to be prepared."

Summer was almost over and Leo still hadn't returned. If he didn't come back by the last night of camp, he would be presumed dead and there would be a service for him. Percy had been trying his best not to think about it.

He opened his mouth to say something, but paused. He titled his head to one side and frowned. "Do you guys hear that?"

Across camp the trio could hear a loud ruckus. It sounded like all of the campers were talking at once.

"Sounds like trouble." Grover whimpered.

Percy and Annabeth looked at each other and then took off running.