Chapter 30

Songs: Climax by Usher (this song came on while I was writing this and I thought it fit lol)

.. So Sick by Ne-Yo

Also.. The Scientist by Coldplay (tears are real)

McKenna's POV

"McKenna, baby. I've missed you so much." Luke whispers, his lips moving against my ear and down my neck. I let out a moan as his lips make contact with my skin.

"You're mine. You'll always be mine." He says harshly. I shudder as he nips at the skin on my upper thigh.

"Tell me you've missed me." He pauses his assault and looks into my eyes, only his eyes are an intense brown, not the blue that are my Luke's.

"Say it!" His hand wraps around my wrist and I whimper as his jaw tightens. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

My breath hitches as I open my eyes to daylight and feel my body covered with sweat. It was a dream, but it was so lucid I swear it felt real.

I take a moment to recollect myself. I wish Luke was here to calm me and hold me in his arms. I wish I could lay my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat while forgetting the world. But he's not. I don't know where he is or what he's doing but I hope he's okay. I hope he's better off than me at this point.

I bury my head into my pillow and cry. I let out all the pain I've been holding in since this morning. I should just forgive him, but I can't that easily. He's lied too many times and I've only known him for a week. How am I suppose to trust him?

My pillow is stained with tears as I open my eyes and wipe my nose on my sweatshirt. I look around my dorm and see the blanket that was draped over the penguin has slid off. That day at the fair was one of the highlights of my year. He kissed me that day for the first time. My tears begin to fall once again as I rest my head in my hands.

I'm interrupted by a tap on my dorm door. For a moment I think I'm imagining things but I hear it again. Slowly, I get out of bed and walk over to the door. I look through the peep hole and I almost choke as I see Luke looking down. His hair isn't perfect like it always is and his face is paler than I remember.

He bends over for a moment and I see a letter slide under the door. I hold my breath as he slowly walks away. I want to open the door and yell for him to come back and stay but I don't move. My feet are glued to the ground as I stare down at the paper laying near them. I feel as if the breath has been taken from my lungs.

I finally get the strength to bend over and unfold the paper that reveals his handwriting.

Dear McKenna,

Words can't express how sorry I am for hurting you again. Without you this past day I've had a lot of time to realize how much of an idiot I am. I never told you the truth about.. Her. So here it is. When I was a freshman, I was bullied by a group of guys in Natalie's friend group. Every day, I'd go home crying with another bruise or thought in my mind. They brought me down so much that I actually thought about leaving this earth. One day though, this girl started talking to me. At the time I thought she was the most beautiful thing I've seen. She took me under her wing and all of a sudden, the bullying stopped. We became friends and by the time of sophomore year, I fell for her. I'll spare you the details, but I noticed the summer after, she changed. She started smoking and drinking and going to parties. I was dragged along and she would actually threaten to leave me and say that she would make my life hell. I was a pussy now that I think about it. I should've taken the pain over her. The other night, I just helped her. She helped me a lot until she changed. But, she's out of my life now. I made it clear to her and to myself. I need you, McKenna. I love you. I'll be here for you when you make up your mind.

-love Luke

__________

Oh my gosh I suck so much!!!!!! THIS CHAPTER WAS SHORT AND IGH Finals week starts tomorrow and I've been studying my ass off. I APOLOGIZE GUYS IM SORRY I TOOK A WEEK TO UPDATE AND IT WAS THIS LITTLE.

I won't make any promises but I should be posting at least within the next few days. DONT HATE ME SORRY