Chapter 28

HELLLOOO ITS A BUSY TIME OF THE YEAR (it's always busy tbh) but anywayssss
How are you guys???

I hope you all had a good Christmas and ate a lot of great food ha

What did you all get for Christmas? (Just curious lol)

Song for this chapter- In Case by Demi

ENJOY ANS FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ANY MISTAKES IVE MISSED AND ILL CHANGE THEM ASAP (:

Luke's POV

I wake up to find myself in my childhood room. Shit, the nightmare I had is reality. She's suppose to be here with me, she's suppose to be lying next to me. I feel the similar ache in my chest return. The feeling I've had all through the morning.

I check my phone and I have no new messages. I knew she wouldn't have texted me but there was a little sliver of hope that has now been replaced with sadness.

As I'm about to get out of bed, my mom enters the room and gives me a smile, seeing that I'm already awake.

"Lunch is ready." She informs me and I give her a nod.

"I'll be right down." I tell her and she gives me a small smile before closing the door.

I slowly get out of bed, wishing I could just hibernate forever. I'm such a screw up. Anger takes over me, coursing through my veins. I'm pissed at myself.

"Fuck!" I yell, placing my head in my hands. How could I be so stupid? I should've never took Natalie home. She just did that to screw me over. She knew I'd fall for her bullshit. But I won't, never again. All I have to do now is get McKenna back. I have to.

I stand up and head downstairs. I haven't eaten since last night and I'm starving.

"Hi honey." My mom says as I enter the kitchen.

"Hi." I respond. Since I've told her, I feel like she's more understanding but it's so embarrassing. I should've just let them bully me and sucked it up or switched schools but I was stupid. So fucking stupid.

"Feeling better?" She asks, giving me a hug.

"A little." I lie. I feel like absolute shit.

"I made macaroni, I already ate but it's still warm." She points over to the stove and I head over to grab a plate.

"Thanks, mom." I tell her and her face lights up.

"I've missed you so much, Luke." She begins to tear up and I feel even worse. I've been shutting her out of my life for years. She was the only person really there for me through high school and I took her for granted.

"I've missed you too, mom." I say truthfully.

"I was looking through our old photos while you were sleeping. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you more." I watch as tears roll down her cheeks. "Your dad and I always worried about you but i thought you were just growing up."

"Mom, no. You were always there for me. It was me, not you. I couldn't ask for a better mother. I mean it." Before I know it I'm tearing up as well.

"I love you so much, Luke. You'll get McKenna back. I saw how much you care for her. You deserve her." My hope rises with my mothers words.

"I hope so."

-----

McKenna's POV

After waking up around two and taking a long shower I feel a bit better. Of course Luke is the first thing that pops into my mind when I wake up. He always is.

I hate this feeling. The feeling of loneliness. I feel like there's no one out there who cares.

Tears pour out of my eyes and I feel like shouting at the top of my lungs but even then, no one would hear me. No one would care.

I need someone to talk to. The only person around here who I somewhat trust is Jill and I haven't talked to or seen her for days.

I decide to text her and ask what she's doing. While waiting for a response, I make myself look better with some makeup. I look like I've been in a coma for days. Bags are noticeable under my red eyes.

Instead of getting a text back, Jill calls me.

"Hey girl!" She says when I answer.

"Hey!" I try to sound cheerful.

"We should go shopping. I'm bored." She says and I can't help but laugh. I look at myself in the mirror. I need to get out.

"Okay. Come over in twenty minutes and I'll be ready." I tell her.

"Yes! Okay. See ya!"

"Bye!" I hang up and sigh.

Shopping. But I have no money... I need a job. Maybe that would help keep my mind off of Luke. I need to apply to some places, that's it.

-

Almost exactly twenty minutes later, Jill knocks on my door and I follow her out to her car.

"How have you been? We haven't talked in a while." She asks as we walk through the parking lot.

"I've been okay." I lie, debating on mentioning Luke.

"Are you and Luke still a thing?" She asks. Shit.

"I don't think so." I simply reply.

"Oh, I'm sorry." She frowns.

"It's okay, really." I lie again, hoping she won't talk about him anymore. "How are you? Still with Calum?" I ask before she can speak.

"I'm good, and yeah. I think were a couple now." She laughs and we get into her van.

"That's cool. I'm happy for you guys!" I tell her and she smiles.

"Thanks, Mac. I hope whatever happened between you and Luke can be resolved." She looks over at me with a serious face.

"Yeah." I say, even though it won't be. Why else would he leave in the middle of the night again? He probably went back over to Natalie's.

I shake the thoughts from my mind. I can't let him get to me like this. He's an asshole. He doesn't deserve me.

___________________

Ahhh

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

Love yaaa