Chapter 8

Mckenna's POV

Finally, after my math and psychology classes, I'm done for the day. I'm pissed because I'm almost positive I failed my math quiz.

Once I get back to my dorm, I slip off my shoes and lay on my bed. I pull out my laptop and open up Netflix. I've watched nearly every movie on here but there's really nothing else to do when you have no friends.

I turn on a random comedy movie and grab a bottle of water and a granola bar to snack on.

As I laugh at the screen on my lap, there's a knock at my door.

Luke did say he would stop by 'later' but it's only 4 o'clock. I wonder what classes he's in.

I pause the movie and open the door, revealing Luke.

"Uh, hey." He smiles, scratching the back of his neck.

"Hi." I open the door to let him in and he sits down on my bed.

"Sorry, you know, about last night." He tells me, looking out my window.

"It's okay." I assure him, even though it really wasn't.

"Do you want to do something?" He asks, this time looking me in the eyes.

"I guess so." I shrug, looking down at the clothes I'm wearing which is a pair of jeans and a school hoodie. I'm so fashionable.

"There's a fair tonight. I saw the signs when I was driving over." He places his hands on his thighs and looks up at me.

"That sounds nice. Let me just grab my things." I tell him and slip my Vans on and make sure I have my phone and purse as he watches me from my bed.

"Okay." I say, after I've grabbed all of my things.

"Cool." He smiles at me and I blush at him.

"What?" I laugh nervously and he joins in.

"Nothing." He smiles and I follow him to the door, locking it behind me. As we walk down to his car, we pass a girl in the hallway who stares at Luke, then gives me a dirty look. Okay?

I'm back in Luke's car once again, and I'm glad the situation is better than last night. He turns on the car as I buckle up.

"I'm surprised you came over last night." I laugh and he smiles at me.

"Yeah, same. All I remember is standing in front of your door, after knocking on some random chicks one on accident..." He pauses and I laugh.

"You what!" I giggle and he nods.

"I sort of got lost." He shrugs, as we pull out of the large lot.

"Well, I'm glad you found my room." I admit, and he gives me a confused look. "I mean, I wouldn't want you roaming the halls all night." I clarify, but really I'm glad he didn't end up staying in some other girls room.

He turns on the radio as we drive through the city, to the fall fair. I used to come down with my family and watch the race cars when I was younger. I kind of miss my parents in a way, but they're only an hour away.

"Wow, there's a lot of people." I say nervously. Ive never liked large crowds, as they make me nervous. I swear I have social anxiety.

"Don't worry, you've got me." Luke assures and I smile over at him as he finds a spot to park.

I walk beside him up to the gates and he pays for our tickets before I can pull out my wallet. The man gives us our tickets and we enter the grounds.

Children are heard laughing and screaming and the familiar smell of gas and grease from the rides fill my senses.

"What would you like to do?" Luke questions. I look around and spot a Ferris wheel and point over at it.

He blushes but looks away and I furrow my brow at him.

"Are you scared of heights?" I question and he shakes his head.

"No." He says flatly and a smiles forms on his face.

"You are too." I edge on and his face is a light pink.

"Fine. Yes I am." He admits and I can't help but giggle a little.

"We can do something else then." I tell him and he looks away nervously.

"How about the tilt-a-whirl?" He suggest and I nod.

"Sure." I feel his hand touch the small of my back as he guides me over to the ride. A small smile forms on my face at his gentle action and I feel my stomach tingle. Finally, after weaving through crowds of people, we reach the line. My nerves have settled down and I think it's because I feel safe with Luke. I can't help but grin at the thought.

After waiting a few minutes in line, we get on the ride and wait for it to start. Luke grins over at me as I hold on tight to the railing.

The ride starts up and we begin spinning right away. Laughter breaks out between the two of us and it's an amazing sound. I look over at him and his eyes are shut as he laughs.

All to soon, the ride is over and we walk down the metal steps.

"I'll always love that ride." He tells me and I agree with him.

"What now?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Dunno. We could grab something to eat." He suggests.

"Sure, I'm starving!" I agree and we look for a food stand. We both end up getting Nachos and cheese.

"This is nice." I admit, looking around at all the happy people.

"Yeah." He agrees, taking another bite.

Last night, I never would have thought we'd be talking again, but here we are, actually having fun. I don't get it. But then again, I've never understood love.

______

Awh, Lukey.

I hope this wasn't boring but the next chapter will be more entertaining.
Xx