Chapter 7

The treehouse --->

"So...a mistress huh?" Sean slammed a document on Remi's desk. Remi internally sighed. God forbid he could go one week without drama.

"What are you talking about babe?" Remi tried to let his sincerity show through his eyes. He truly did not know what Sean was going to being up.

"Your dear father kindly sent me a list filled with potential carriers for your alpha pup. He said and I quote, 'Choose the best one to be a mistress to your mate. We need an heir and you cannot provide that,'" Sean was seething.

"Baby, it's true that an heir has been his concern but I never knew he would go to these lengths. I knew nothing of this, I just knew his thoughts on the matter," Remi begged. It seemed that as soon as he took one step forward with his mate, he was taking three steps back. He was sick of it.

Sean scrutinized him and Remi sat there. With a final huff he turned for the door.

"Sean where are you going?" Remi was almost afraid to ask.

"To deal with your damn Alpha."

Remi just let it go. His mate wasn't stupid to go and attack the man...right?

Half an hour later, Remi's personal cell rang.

"Hello," Remi answered when he saw that it was his father.

"Your mate is the devil incarnate," the man answered angrily.

"What did he do?" Remi rubbed his temples trying not to let his amusement show.

"He told your mother," the man responded indignantly, "and now she has it in her head that I cheated on her!"

"Well you did basically tell me to cheat on my mate," Remi reasoned.

"Deal with that insolent human," his father spat.

"You deal with that fucking tone," Remi growled, "insult my mate one more time. Mother is the only thing keeping you alive old man. Remember that."

And with that, Remi hang up. He paged Sean to enter into his office and the man entered with a smug look on his face. He crossed his arms on his chest and gave Remi a look that dared him to comment.

"Baby, stop antagonising my dad," Remi laughed.

Sean huffed and turned his nose up at his mate. If Remi thought he was just going to take his father's abuse then he had another thing coming. He went to walk away when he felt a hand close around his wrist. His pulse immediately spiked up and he turned to face his mate.

"I'm afraid that you are going to push too far and you end up getting hurt," Remi pulled Sean to his chest, "you can't keep doing this. Do you want to send me to the hospital again?"

"He's disrespectful. Someone needs to put him in his place. If we are going to be mates then you need to deal with him," Sean pouted.

"I will. Whenever he steps out of line, I will deal with it, not you," Remi tilted Sean's cheek and placed a sweet peck there, "Now could you please get me the files on the Eastern borders. I wanna get this done so I could take you out."

"Where are you taking me," Sean smiled. It was about fucking time Remi asked him on a date.

"We are going to get to know each other. I want to know everything about you," he whispered in Sean's ears before he turned him around and gave him a swat on his delicious bubble butt.

***

Sean's mother could reduce any man to tears. The woman had been staring at him for a solid minute. He had come to pick up Sean and he had to wait in the living room for his mate. Apparently he couldn't go up to Sean's room because he might 'ruin his innocence.'

"You better take care of my baby," she sent a glare his way, "Alpha or not, you will pay if you hurt him."

Remi's wolf bristled inside of him. He did not like her tone or her threat. Thankfully he didn't try to takeover Remi to put her in her place. He understood that this was their mate's mother and if she disagrees with it then we were going to be in deep shit with Sean.

Pounding footsteps could be heard on the stairs and Sean sauntered in, effectively taking Remi's breath away. His shirt was a tight affair that showed off his slender frame and his skinny jeans hugged his bubble butt and his long slender legs. Remi's wolf growled possessively. No one should see their mate in such a provocative manner. He was theirs and theirs alone. Sean raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. Damn tease.

He strutted in and kissed his mother on her cheek and then grabbed Remi's hand and led him outside. Remi opened the car door for him and before he was fully seated, stole a quick kiss on his cheek.

"You look beautiful," he whispered. Sean responded with a blush and a smile. That made Remi ecstatic as he got into the driver's seat.

"So where exactly are we going?" Sean asked.

"To my favourite place in the world," Remi responded.

Half an hour later they pulled up to the entrance of a path in the forest. Remi got out and helped Sean out of the car. Sean looked at the forest quizzically. Did Remi really expect him to hike through a forest at night?

Remi went to the trunk of the car and took out a big black bag.

"Are you going to murder me?" Sean asked teasingly. Remi laughed and sent a wink his way and began to walk through the path. Sean followed and he was becoming increasingly curious as to where they were going. It seemed that the closer they got to their destination the more fidgety Remi became.

Before long they came upon a tree house that was both rustic and modern.

"This is where I go when I feel overwhelmed or stressed or if I just want to get away," Remi explained as they got closer, "I've never brought anyone up here before."

Sean beamed. He admired the large structure and how it fit into its environment yet it still looked like a livable home.

"How long did it take you to do this," Sean started up the steps leading to the impressive structure.

"A year," Remi swelled with pride, "it would've taken shorter but I was busy and I was doing this myself. There were times I wouldn't even work on it for months at a time."

He took the key and unlocked the door. Sean took in the nearly sparse living space. There was a bed in the corner and on a wall was a stereo system with CDs scattered by it. There was a loveseat in the center and a separate space that was blocked off by a door.

"Bathroom," Remi answered.

"Why haven't you brought anyone up here," Sean plopped himself down on the loveseat.

"Because it was my space. I didn't want it tainted," Remi sat beside him.

"But I'm here," Sean suddenly felt bad. Was his plan of making Remi work for his affections, even though he was already falling in love with the man, backfiring? What if Remi regretted introducing him to this place? A sharp pain tugged at his chest.

"Exactly. You're the purest person I know and the only one I want to share this with."

Sean responded by giving Remi a chaste kiss on the cheek. Without a word he went to the black bag and laughed as he took out slices of pizza wrapped in foil and soda.

He gave a couple slices to Remi and rest the sodas at their feet.

"So what now?"

"We talk," Remi smiled, "it seems that we hardly know each other."

"What do you want to know?" Sean asked nervously.

"Everything."