Chapter 6

Remi was beyond nervous.

He and Sean were spending the day together when his father mind linked him for an urgent meeting. He knew immediately what it was about. When Remi was searching for Sean, he had made a point to announce to everyone that Sean was his mate. He had failed, however to inform his father directly.

So now he had to deal with a pissed off Alpha. He had to situate an uncomfortable Sean in the kitchen and he had left him there to go talk to his father. Sean wanted to come as he felt that being Remi's mate, he should be there but Remi convinced him to stay in the kitchen. This whole 'Win Sean's Heart Plan' was going down the drain as shown by the putt off pout his mate was sporting when he left.

"Sit down son," Mr. Vallenmort indicated to the chair in front of his desk.

"Father, I can explain," Remi began.

"Explain what exactly? Explain that not only did you find your mate, but you kept it from me. Explain how the neighbouring packs knew who he was before me. Or explain how you turned your mother against me," the present alpha's cool and calm façade cracked when he mentioned his mate.

"First off, I didn't tell you because when I asked what if I had a male mate, you practically told me to treat him like he was a dirty affair," Remi fumed, "and it is not my fault that you forgot to tell mom the true reasonds for you all's mating."

"Don't speak to me like that, you insolent pup!" Mr. Vallenmort stood up and looked down on his son.

Remi stood up as well, refusing to be intimidated by the man.

A timid knock sounded at the door but both alpha males were too busy snarling at each other to notice. The door creaked open and Sean stuck his head in. He let out a sigh of relief that he had found his wayward mate. He did not appreciate being left alone with the pack females who were gushing about how adorable he is. He was a man, dammit and he deserved to be treated like one.

So he came up to chastise Remi on treating him like a child. He had agreed to stay down there but when the females came, he couldn't stand to stay there a minute longer.

That sigh of relief quickly turned to a gasp of fear when he saw the way the alphas were looking at each other. He tentatively walked to his mate and he placed his delicate hand on his mate's shoulders. Tension immediately left Remi's person and he stood up, gazing down at Sean.

Mr. Vallenmort, taking Sean's interruption as blatant disrespect towards him, shifted and lunged for the boy. Sean barely had time to blink as Remi shoved him behind him and shifted to his pure black wolf. The two wolves circled each other, the present alpha looking for gaps to attack Sean. But Remi remained in front of Sean, protecting him with his own body.

The grey wolf snarled and Sean flinched at the saliva dripping from his fangs.

'Run to the door.'

Sean gasped at Remi's voice in his head. He couldn't ponder on the sheer impossibility of the mind link, for he was directly in front of the door. A shiver of fear ran down his spine, not for him, but for his mate.

'Go Sean!'

Sean sped out of the room like the devil was on his heels. Loud crashes were heard as Sean raced down the steps. He dare not look back, for that's how those people die in horror movies.

"Luna! Luna! Someone help!" Sean screamed his heart out as he raced through the pack house. Bangs, this and feral growls could still be heard. Sean yelped as the Luna's wolf darted pass him and towards the direction of the fight. A few moments later, a loud grief-stricken howl could be heard.