nine

Jennie's POV

Nathan, Caleb, Mathew... now it was Adam.

For every one of the guys, I never had any strings attached as I promised.

It was all going so good, I was having fun, these men were in love with me. I was starting to think love was a game with all of them falling this easily and randomly.

I didn't even do anything.

I didn't even have to try.

But I wasn't complaining.

At least I acted genuine while I was dating them.

That was all that matters, right?

I still haven't changed my mind about Adam being the best out of them all. He never lost out in the talents aspect, he could play the guitar, really well.

He could sing really well. He plays for our school's basketball team, and he has been scouted to move to Spain to play for a national team.

The only thing a little lacking about him was his academics. They aren't the best.

In which I didn't care.

But usually, men would just stop there. If they thought they had other qualities that were attractive about them, they wouldn't really want to care about the weaker ones.

At least that's what I think.

But the thing about Adam is that, whenever I try to find him around school, even the first time I met him, he was always at the library, if not with a book, trying to improve on his grades.

That was what got me slightly more interested in him.

If anything, I really like hardworking people.

If there was any man that could falter my hatred for men, the first one I would say is, Adam.

I feel like I was being more genuine with him than I was with the others.

Nothing was different, Adam was still a guy. But everything he did, was everything I liked about Lisa.

Oh god, why am I comparing them again?

"Babe, do you wanna go for dinner tonight?" He asked as he held my hands, "I'll wait for your lessons to end later, at six right?"

One thing I noticed, was that, I never let the past three guys kiss me, let alone hold my hands.

It didn't feel too weird with Adam since he sincerely cared for me, so I just let him.

That isn't a big deal.

"Sure, are we doing anything after dinner?"

"Definitely."

That brings us to a fine dining restaurant two streets down school, the cinema, before we ended up taking a breezy stroll along a park.

"So, what's up?" I started, when I noticed his hands were slightly trembling against mine.

"Nothing, just a little nervous." He cleared his throat, refusing to face me.

"It's been less than two weeks since we've started dating babe, relax." I chuckled when he unconsciously gripped my hands tighter.

"Am I crazy to say that I don't want to lose you? This early?"

I rolled my eyes with a light giggle setting off my mouth, "I don't think you will. I like you a lot, you know?"

Lies.

All these lies.

When in actual fact, I'm about to dump him in like what, one day?

I watched as he scratched his nape charmingly, "me too."

"Who are you close with in school?" He decided to ask, turning to look at me like a teenage boy in love. I appreciate him always trying to spark conversations with me despite being nervous around me.

"Jisoo, Rosie from volleyball and..."

"And Lisa, right?"

That caused me to eye him baffled.

"How'd you know?"

He replies casually, "I see you guys around by the lockers sometimes." Adam paused, "I knew about Jisoo and Rosé being close to you too."

"And you should know those two are dating each other too?"

"Of course." He smiles, "I think they're really nice people."

"They are." I agreed with a silly smile plastered on my face, when thinking of those nonsense babies.

A moment of silence filled the air between us as our legs moved in sync, and our hands swayed together.

"I don't mean to.. I mean, I'm not sure if I should pry..." Adam speaks lowly, "and I think you might know about it.."

"What is it?"

He turns to look at me, "The other day when I was on duty to clean the sports hall? I heard something."

"It sounded like... moans," He looks up to think, "and when I turned to look near the toilet,"

"Lisa and Niki were..."

"... having sex."

Having heard that, my once peaceful heart turned into a fuming one. Anger immediately consumed me, well fuck, can you believe it? The names. The damn names. One name that I love and the other that I hate. The names that reached my ears like rapid bullets aiming at my heart. I swear rage flowed through me like lava. I swear to-

"You know Niki?" I managed to seethe through my gritted teeth.

I suddenly wasn't in the mood for SHIT. I suddenly hated everything in this world.

"She's in my social sciences class." He pondered, "Wait.. isn't she Lisa's ex?"

I didn't have to answer, I wasn't in the fucking mind to answer.

What I felt within me was betrayal, hatred, aggravation, resentment, dismay.

Anger that I never fucking knew I had in me.

Lisa what?

Lisa and Niki what?

Lisa and that bitch what?

Had sex?

"When did you see that?" I composed myself, when it was clear to anyone who took a glance at me, to know that I wasn't in the right mind.

"Just two days ago, I think." Adam soothes my back, "babe are you fine?"

"Yeah I'm good." No I'm not.

Lisa isn't supposed to be fucking that bitch. Lisa was supposed to stay away from her since they broke up. Is this the reason why she's been running off randomly when Niki calls? When that bitch booty calls? Was this the reason why she was hesitant to say that she would choose me over Niki? Because they're hooking up? For fucks sake, I was supposed to know about this.

Who fucks their ex's? Who the fuck fucks their ex's?

I don't know what's gotten into me.

Before I knew it, I was telling Adam it was late and we should go. Before I knew it, I was running down the streets to Lisa's house.

I need answers.

She shouldn't be doing this.

Honestly why should I care about her sex life?

What is it to me?

Lisa isn't even my girlfriend.

Well she's fucking dead. As my best friend she's fucking dead.

That's it, Lili. You're fucking dead.