one

Jennie's POV

Screw men. Honestly? Screw men.

If you'd make me sit down and write an essay about why I hate men, I'd be glad to write you an entire book about it.

This isn't a phase that I'm at, I'm not on my period, I'm perfectly in the right state of mind, and I'm no mental woman.

I have my reasons for this.

This is not—

"Hello?? Are you even listening to me?"

"Nini?"

The perfect girl I've known for more than three years, my best friend, my saviour, my hero when boys tries to hit up on me. My lovely slave, my platonic lover, my strawberry to my shortcake. The stars to my moon. She's like a package of love being sent to protect me. Basically, from men.

Lisa was sitting right across the table, with her legs separated firmly and her elbows propped on the table in between us. Her hands clasped together, pinning her chin to it.

The thing is, she's been through all horrible men occasions with me enough to understand my hatred for men.

It didn't just happen overnight, it wasn't like I woke up one day all of a sudden and went "oh, shit, I fucking hate men."

Actions speak louder than words as we all know, and obviously the actions that men has shown me made me dislike them. No, it wasn't just one man, it was multiple. They just disgusted me over time.

"I swear Nini, you have to stop day dreaming."

"I'm sorry," I chuckled, "impulsive thoughts."

I stared at her in the eyes. I love those eyes. I love how those eyes never lie, and I love how I'm able to read them simply as I connect them with my own. I love every inch of it, it's like an orb I would gladly stare at for the rest of my life. I constantly feel like I'm being sucked into it like a never ending void the longer I gaze into it. I love how those crystal-like eyes stares at me like I was the only thing to exist.

"Please tell me it isn't about men again."

"It is, but it don't matter." I smiled, "what were you saying again?"

"Oh, I was going on about how one of my lady neighbours got cheated on by her nineteen year old boyfriend when he got some other girl pregnant. And mind you, she's turning thirty this year. Can you believe it?" Lisa let out a laugh, "sometimes she sits outside her yarn at night and sings 'lonely' on repeat, at like, 3am and I can't help but feel bad for her."

"See? Screw men, exactly." I rolled my eyes with a sigh.

"You really aren't going to get out of this phase anytime soon, huh."

"I told you it's not a phase Lili, I'd consider it impulsive thoughts but then again at the same time, these are my real thoughts."

The lovely blonde girl chuckled music to my ears, "I know, I know. I really can't argue with your thoughts since your past with men were literal disasters."

I shrugged, they were indeed. But that was not important to reminisce about now.

"On a side note," Lisa continued, "Niki broke up with me."

Upon hearing that, my eyes widened. It hasn't gone this big for a long ass time ever since the day I found out my mom was a transgendered female. I have two moms, if that made sense, and I always thought they were gay, until i found out one of them had a male organ because she was born a man.