eight

Jennie's POV

"How does it feel to have succeeded with all these men until the third one?" Lisa questioned with a smug smile.

Her arms around my shoulders, us with beers in our hands, us just lying on my bed, letting chill hits play off my laptop laying on the sheets of my bed.

"Great, actually."

I was playing with her fingers until, "you know how, when we first encountered Mathew, it seemed like he was perfect?"

"Mhmm."

"He plays the piano, got a scholarship to Stanford, is the captain of our school's boy hockey team, is good with kids and loves his family a whole lot. I thought he was perfect and I thought I was never going to be able to find a reason to dump him."

"Then what happened? How'd you manage to do it?" Lisa asked intrigued.

I gave it some thought as my memories flowed back, "the day I was supposed to dump him..."

I was on patrol to pick up trash at the backyard of the school when I spotted Mathew at the corner,

Vaping.

And another thing I hate about men is that somehow, they claim that they've never smoked, or vaped, but they've tried it at least once.

Only some very innocent one, or some with very good restraint actually haven't tried.

I didn't like men who smoked, or vaped.

No.

That was the cause of my first breakup with Jace. I caught him smoking with his friends. A group that had really bad influence on him.

Doesn't the situation sound familiar with the Mathew one?

"You vape?"

"Oh god- Jennie wait no I-"

"I'm breaking up with you."

And then I just let him there at the backyard alone as I trudged back with my trash bag and my litter grabber, smirking when I heard wails and muffled cries echoing at the back of my ears.

He knew I didn't like people who vaped, but guess how it turned out?

I didn't need explanations, I don't. I saw what I had to see, and I'd always believe whatever I saw.

Though I have to say, Mathew was the best looking out of all.

He was the first one to tell me he loved me only five days after going out on dates and he even wanted to meet my parents.

A pity for him, they were out of town at the moment.

"Damn Ni, that sounds cruel."

"Well he knew, I told him that I absolutely hated smokers." I disregarded it with a sardonic smirk.

Lili pouted as she pondered cautiously, "would you hate me if you knew I smoked?"

That made me flash a face of disgust, "what? So you smoked?"

"God, no. I was just wondering."

"I mean, I wouldn't hate you for who you are but I would hate the fact that you smoke."

"This is why I love you." She starts dreamingly, fixing her gaze on me.

"What is?"

"You only hate the factual things about things."

When she said that, I raised my brow.

She's right, actually I don't hate men. The being of men. I just hate the things that men do, I hate the nature of men. That's what it is.

"I guess."

"So far," Lisa utters, "which one of them do you like the most?"

I leaned closer to her, locking my eyes with her own, "including Adam?"

"Yeah," She says, "I know you only started dating him like yesterday, but he seems like the most genuine one, so count him in."

"You're right about that, he's the most genuine one." I assert, "him."

"Really?"

I nod, "he walks me to my every class when you aren't around, sits down and talks to me about how my day went which is really sweet. I actually do enjoy the simple things more, so compared to the others, I'd say he's the best one."

My Lili doesn't usually roll her eyes, but when she does, it seriously means that she's frustrated about something.

And so she did, "he can go suck dicks, I'm better than him."

That got me eyeing her uncannily, "I wasn't even comparing you."

"I'm just saying," She pouts, before her dull eyes glistened when a thought popped into her mind.

"Okay, Ni. If you were to pick, me or him. Which would it be?" She asked enthusiastically. I have to remind you she's crazy. This isn't even a competition.

"Dumbest question I've ever heard, next!" I exclaimed, unbothered.

"No, I'm being serious." She states.

Before I decided to say anything, I raised my finger and bopped it on her round nose gently.

"Are you even listening to yourself?" I fazed, "it would always be you."

The blondie instantaneously grabbed my cheeks in her palms and slammed her plump lips onto my forehead. That sent me rolling my eyes teasingly with a chuckle.

"How about you?" I asked and she frowned in uncertainty, "is it me or Niki?"

I was definite she would say it's me without hesitations but what got me almost raging was the fact that her eyes dilated to our hands, and back to my eyes before she could give a really hollow,

"you."

after a couple of seconds.

I decided not to push further, at least she still chose me.

At least it was me, for now.