Episode 1.1

*Hi guys! I haven't seen any Cobra Kai content on here so I thought I'd write one for you! I've been a huge fan of the story ever since it came out on YouTube tv and I wanted to create a universe with more romance and drama. This story is based exactly off of the show which means it might be confusing for those who have not watched it. The main character in this story finds herself conflicted between Miguel and Hawk, but she also struggles with choosing Cobra Kai or Myagi Do! I hope you guys enjoy it!*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Can you pass the salt and pepper?" Sam asked. I reached across the table and handed her the shakers. Family dinners had always been my least favorite thing I was forced to do. There was just something about the LaRussos that annoyed me. They were so incredibly loud.

"Olivia, are you excited for school? I heard you met Sam's friends already?" Daniel asked. Daniel was like an uncle to me, but in reality he was my dad's cousin. 

"I'm just ready to get my first day over with." I replied 

"But I'm sure it helps to know some girls before your first day right?" Amanda tried to help. 

"Yeah, yeah. They were sweet." I hated Sam's friends. They were miserable bitches who were corrupting Sam. She was going through a popular phase, which I totally understood, but she chose the worst friends. 

"I heard there were some cute boys too. Maybe you can befriend them?" My mom said with a motherly smile. 

"Nat, don't embarrass her!" My dad defended me. 

"Bill, I was just trying to help!" My parents had been fighting ever since we moved here. We used to live in San Francisco, but my dad was fired. Daniel was kind enough to provide a replacement job for him, which meant we had to move all the way to Reseda. I had no choice in the say, but I wasn't too upset. My old school was boring and all I ever did was cheer. All of the cheerleaders reminded me of Sam's friends. They were people who I didn't want to associate with. 

My parents were still bickering, so I excused myself from the dinner table. The LaRusso house was so huge and fancy but I loved it. I was practically raised in their house. Sam and I were best friends as kids. We played together everyday, and when we were old enough, Daniel taught us Karate. He had his own little dojo in the house that we spent hours in training. Sam and I both earned our black belts by age 8. But when my parents moved me to San Fran, I stopped training. I hadn't even thought about karate since that summer. 

As I was headed to the bathroom, I found myself wandering to the at-home dojo. I opened the door, hoping that it would spark some happiness in me. The room was dark and smelled musty, like no one had been in it for years. I walked in, squeezing past the boxes filled with old Christmas decorations. 

"Do you miss it?" I jumped at Sam's voice. She was leaning in the doorway, watching me. 

"I don't know if I miss Karate or the feeling I got from it." I paused to collect my thoughts. Sam walked into the room and cleared off a bench that was covered in books for us to sit on. I took a deep breath as I sat down next to her.

"My life changed drastically when we left here. I was never able to found my niche, my corner. It never felt like home. School was fine at first, actually it was more than fine. I loved it. Middle school was easy and I didn't miss anything. Everything was different, but in a good way. It was when high school started that I struggled with depression. I tho-" 

"Wait, you went through depression and never told me??" Sam interrupted. 

"Yeah, I've been embarrassed to talk about it. Lets just say it didn't end well. I don't want to go into it, but I can tell you that I was lost. I tried everything and the only thing that made me feel like I fit in was cheerleading. I didn't see it at the time, but cheerleading brought me false happiness. It was just a distraction from the harsh reality of my depression. Being with all the fake yet cool teenage girls made me feel powerful in a sense. I'm sure you know how I felt with all your new friends and all." Sam winced when I said that, like it hurt her. "Sorry." I looked down at my hand and started fidgeting with my ring. "Anyway, I hadn't thought about karate until Dad told me we were moving back here. It was the first time in a while since I felt something, since I had a real smile. I just have a good feeling about this school year, that's all." Sam wrapped her arms around me and pulled me in for a tight hug. "Thank you for listening to me blabber on and on."

"Olivia, you are practically my sister. I'm here for you always." Sam leaned back and smiled at me. "Actually, I have something to admit to you too. Last night Yasmine crashed into a car and she panicked so bad that she just drove off. I've been feeling so guilty for just leaving the guy with his crashed car." Sam admitted. 

"Oh wow. That's pretty bad. You haven't told anyone?" 

"No, Yasmine and Moon made me promise not to say anything. They just told their parents we hit a deer." 

"Sam, maybe these girls are not the best people to hang out with." I honestly said.

"You don't know them like I do. They just seem rude on the surface, but they are really fun. I promise you. You know what? Tomorrow I'm throwing a pool party with them and you are going to be there" Sam said happily. A pool party with her stuck up friends sounded miserable but I probably wasn't going to get a choice.

"You're not going to let me say no are you?" I asked. 

"Nope" We laughed together until we were out of breathe. Life was definitely going to be different here. We only stopped laughing when we heard a knock at the door. Daniel was watching us from the doorway. 

"We're getting desert out. Do you girls want any?" He asked. 

"Yeah, we'll come get some in a minute." Sam replied for the both of us. Daniel started to walk away but stopped to look back at us. 

"You know I never thought I would see you two in this room again. It's nice. I missed this." Daniel then deceived to walk back to the kitchen, leaving Sam and I. 

"Do you think we will ever take up Karate again?" Sam asked me. 

"I feel like this year is going to be full of surprises, so you'll never know."