XXXI

Thirty One
Song selection:
'True Love Waits' Radiohead
'Put a Little Love On Me' Niall Horan
'Me & the Devil' Soap&Skin
'Black and White' Niall Horan

'Love had raised them from the dead, and the heart of each held endless springs of life for the heart of the other.'

'All of ya, get the fuck out of the car!' Derek boomed as he held his rifle up to Niall. Aoife awoke as Niall and Harry were exiting the vehicle. She sat up and rubbed her eyes.

'Hey, guys, what's going on—'

'Get the fuck out, whore!' She got up and began crawling over the seats. Once she was out of the car and closed the door, Derek pushed her towards the men. 'Now, start walking into the house!' While everyone had turned around to look at the dreadful place, Derek grinned. He might let the two men see his beautiful, future home with his bride, but not the woman with them.

The woman who's always mistreated her own cousin and was almost about to sexually assault her own cousin. He shook his head as he knew this would not do. He raised his rifle, knowing he was doing a good thing.

As Niall and Harry were walking, a loud bang popped their ears and they could hear a ringing sound only for bit before some kind of viscous liquid hit them. They'd turned around to their horror and saw Aoife's limp body on the ground. The liquid that'd hit them, was her blood.

Niall found himself kneeling on the ground to see if she was okay. He couldn't hear what anyone was saying, he could only hear the ringing and see the limp, dead body of Aoife before him. It was only a minute before he felt the cool metal of the barrel again and the ringing stopped.

'Get the fuck up, and walk with ya friend, boyo.' It was only when they entered the door, Derek told them to take off their shoes. 'This is a proper household and we are gonna respect it. Now, come on, make yourselves at home. I want you to meet my new fiancée.' He grinned.

The whole house was retro and clean like something out of an IKEA catalogue. Even the floor was a shiny oak wood and it disgusted Niall. When Niall looked up, he saw Harry sat on one of the sofas, reading a magazine.

'What the hell, Harry?' Niall whispered-yelled. Harry looked up.

'What? He said make ourselves at home.' Niall gritted his teeth at what was happening.

'Are you forgetting what the fuck is happening here? We're—' Before Niall could even say another word, Derek came out with Roisin dressed in a little black dress and wearing a big engagement ring. She was struggling from his grip, but stopped when her eyes laid upon Niall's. He was in jeans, a green Nike shirt covered in blood. She was speechless and ashamed. How could Derek bring him here after what she'd just done?

'Niall, Harry, I want you to meet my new fiancée, Roisin. This place is going to be our home. Isn't that right, missus?' Roisin looked at the ring as tears fell from her eyes. She didn't want to look at the betrayal in Niall's eyes. Derek gripped her chin and pull it to him. 'Isn't that right, missus?'

'I want you to stop pulling yarn, Derek,' Niall said confidently. He knew this had to be a farce. Derek forced her here and into an engagement...either that or he was telling a story to make Niall riled up like at the birthday party earlier. Derek chuckled.

'Alright, no point in faffin' about. She and I made an agreement that I wouldn't kill you or her friends on the condition that she become engaged to me.' Niall's eyes widened.

'You're fucking lying!' Niall clenched his fists.

'I-I'm sorry, Niall, please forgive me. I love you.' Roisin tearfully pleaded and Niall was heartbroken.