XXVI

Twenty six
Song Selection:
'Sukiyaki' Kyu Sakamoto
'Moonlight Densetsu' Dali
'Sit Around And Miss You' The Black Keys

'She's drunk herself out of her senses...'

Roisin arrived at the Japanese restaurant. It was very homely and full of warm colours. It had chairs and tables, a sushi bar, a bar and an hibachi. She sat at the bar and a cocoa skinned woman dressed in a kimono, came up with a rag and wiped the bar.

'Hi, welcome, my name is Layla, what would you like? Our red snapper sushi is really good—'

'Sake, please.' Layla took out a glass and a green bottle of sake. Roisin looked at the place on her hand where her engagement ring was. You cheating on your fiancé, isn't that such an Amanda thing to do? She closed her eyes. How could he say such a thing?

'You know, if you're having troubles, you can tell me. I'm a good listener.' Roisin looked up at the woman as she placed the bottle on the bar. Her black, curly hair was in a bun with only two sticks sticking out.

'I...I'm in love with a man who I hadn't seen in six years and I think my love for him has always remained dormant. On the other hand, I was engaged to someone I was in love and later, fell out of love with.

'I left my fiancé for the man I hadn't seen in six years and then, after an argument with my ex fiancé, the man thinks I cheated on my now ex fiancé.' She took a shot of the sake. 'Can I have another please?'

'Are you sure? This stuff is strong.'

'Oh, please, if you hadn't noticed by my accent, I'm Irish. Just keep them coming.' Layla poured more in the glass and Roisin slugged it down. The burning in her throat mixed with the pain that Niall's words brought her. 'I just can't believe Niall would bring up Amanda of all fucking people.'

'Amanda,' Layla asked as she poured the glass again.

'Oh, yeah, she was the reason Niall and I hadn't seen each other in six years.' As Roisin explained what happened six years ago, she kept taking the shots of sake. Finally, Layla sighed.

'Well, babe, no man will make you happy until you put your own happiness first. Every relationship starts to fade and after the romance is over, then what? I say fuck that shit. Find yourself first and then, all the men will want you.' Roisin smiled at her advice.

'I'll drink to that! Let me get five more shots and some of that red snapper sushi!' Quite a few shots later, she was quite drunk and Layla had cut her off.

'Okay, I'm going to get you some water and can I call someone for you?'

'My phone,' Roisin said as she pushed her phone onto the counter. 'Don't call Niall or Jonas. Call my best friend, Delilah,' she slurred. Layla nodded and took the phone to see the contact name Deli🇬🇪. Then, she pressed it and hoped it was her friend.

'Hello, Ro? Where are you? We've been worr—'

'Hi, this is Layla and I work at a Japanese restaurant. Your friend is here and she's drunk.'

'Um, okay, we'll be there.'

'Oh and one more thing,' Layla added.

'Yes,' Delilah asked.

'She said she doesn't want Niall here. She was telling me about her feelings and she said she only wanted you to come and pick her up.' Delilah briefly heard Roisin in the background say, I'm drunk and I need to take a dump. She wanted to laugh, but she was too preoccupied with getting Roisin back safely. She was also kind of mad as Roisin was supposed to help her pack.