XXIX

Twenty nine
Song Selection:
'Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann' Nena
'Joel' Apparat
'Me and the Devil' Soap&Skin
'Forever May Not Be Long Enough' Live

''When reason fails, the devil helps!' He thought with a strange grin. This chance raised his spirits extraordinarily.'

The couple stayed by the lake as it was getting dark, not bothered by their absence at the party. Meanwhile, inside, Delilah asked Louis, who was with a lady of his own, where Roisin had went. Louis explained the events of earlier and said that she'd followed Niall outside after fighting off that creep.

'Derek, was his name,' Louis murmured.

Delilah went to Derek who was with someone who'd made their own unwelcome appearance at the party, Aoife. She was in the most revealing dress, hanging onto Derek as if he was her own jungle gym. Delilah moved to the side to prevent from being seen by the two and continued to listen in.

'How could I miss my own cousin's birthday party? I mean she's going to take the company away from me! She has everything fucking thing! That former husband of hers, the company, and even that lovely, blue eyed teacher, wrapped around her finger.'

'Wait,' Derek said as he pulled her by her hips onto his lap. 'What was that last part?' She was drunk and giggly. Delilah felt guilty. How could she not have known this bitch was here? She was here with Conor's ex-friend and drunk off her arse.

'That lovely, blue eyed teacher, Niall Horan. That's what he does for a living and was when he'd met little Rosy.' She giggled. 'She was twenty three and he was thirty.' She full on laughed as if he'd told a funny joke. 'I wanted to fuck him and he full on rejected me for that whore. I mean he was flirting back at the dinner table and then, all the sudden he loves her.' She said with a mix of hurt and disgust.

All Delilah could do was panic. She couldn't let them find Roisin and ran to find Harry who was talking to one of Roisin's aunt's. He was of course telling his cheesy jokes and she looked like she needed to be saved.

'Harry,' she called for him and he turned to his fiancée. 'Hello, Mrs O'Daly, I see you've met my fiancé.' She smiled awkwardly at the woman who looked at the man and then, looked at Delilah and leaned over.

'Good luck with him, lass, he seems like a wee bit of a handful.' Delilah giggled.

'I'll try.' With that, Mrs O'Daly left and Harry turned to Delilah.

'What's happening, flower?' Harry frowned. 'What's going on? Did you find Roisin?'

'Aoife's here and I think her and Derek are planning to do something to her. Louis was making out with Roisin's cousin, Ciara and I intruded on their kissing to ask them about Ro. Lou said, Roisin was introducing him to Ciara when all the sudden Niall punched Derek and ran out. Roisin ran after him and nobody has seen her, nor Niall since.

'But I heard Aoife drunkenly talk about Niall and Roisin, and I think they're going to do something to her. Lou also said Derek was being a creep to Ro the entire night.' Harry nodded, understanding the whole situation. 'Harry, I have to tell you something.'

'What?' His eyebrows furrowed in concentration as his index finger and thumb played with his bottom lip.

'Roisin is a 20€ heiress.' He chucked.

'I know. I did my research on her family when I came over for the first time. Her father owns the company, Scarab which is some high tech company or something. Look, I'll go and keep an eye out for Derek and Aoife, and you go outside and look for them. I might as well tell Mrs MacGeoghegan that it should be time for cake and presents before people start leaving.'