Friday, December 3rd

Începe de la început

'Seriously? Why did you do that?' Kara says with her face having the signature 'Kara is annoyed' crinkle

Lena is surprised by Kara's angry reaction. 'Wow, I seriously didn't mean to. I'm just interested in biology.' 

Kara plays a parrot in a high-pitched voice to repeat what Lena just said. 'Well next time: don't do stuff like that. You're just being annoying. You could have some respect because you're here!' 

Lena just nods. She doesn't know anything more to say. 

Kara leaves Lena and walks towards her group of friends for break time. Lena knows she needs Kara the rest of the day but she doesn't care. Lena finds a corner of a classroom that's fully equipped with tables and computers to study. 

In the corner, she opens her journal. Her journal is the most valuable thing for Lena. Most people have another person that is the most valuable. But Lena doesn't have someone like that. Her birth-mother didn't want her. She only knows her biological father was a criminal. He died in jail. Her adoptive family doesn't feel like anything nice. 

Sam is her only friend. Her best friend. Although Sam is her best friend she doesn't know about Lena her past. 

Lena's eyes slide over the pages. Every day Lena scribbles in her journal. It's personal. That's why nobody can see. She looks at yesterday's drawing. 

In the drawing, there's a dizzy girl that looks like herself. Around here there are clocks falling apart. It's a representation of how Lena is feeling. Very jet-lagged. And cold. She doesn't feel anything around these people. 

Lena picks up one of her markers. She only has four. Black, Brown, Grey, and Yellow. Those are the colors she is always working with. Her art is simple so she doesn't need more. The marker dances over the paper and leaves the marks. 

In the meantime, the break is almost over. 'Where is your lover?' Winn asks with a smirk on his face. He receives a punch from Kara. 

'I don't know. I ditched her.' Kara shrugs. 

Winn and Nia start yelling. Not everything is translatable in English but they yell things like: 'Kara you can't be serious! This is pathetic. What did she do? What's up with you?' 

Before the yelling stops, Kara stands up and swings her heavy backpack on her back. She sighs: 'Okay, you're right. Maybe I've been a bit hard on her. I will fix this.' 

As Kara walks away she tries to call Lena. But every time Lena declines the call. 

'Pfff... this is gonna be a long day.' Kara sighs as she starts searching for Lena. 

After searching for at least twenty-five minutes Kara spots the dark-haired exchange student in the back of the study room. 

'There you are!'Kara sighs happily. 

Lena jumps from the fact that Kara is suddenly standing in front of her. She closes her journal with a smash. 

'Hey, what's that?' 

'N-N-Nothing.' Lena stutters. 

'I want to say I'm sorry. I was pretty harsh on you. And I shouldn't have. Everything is new for you and I kinda forgot that.' Kara apologizes while looking down. 

 'Okay.' Lena says so low it sounds like she's whispering. For a few minutes, there is silence between the girls. 

Lena scrapes her throat. 'The questions?' 

'Yeah let's do that. What question do we have today?' The blond girl asks. 

The girls read the question at the same time in their heads. 

'What's an unpopular opinion you have?' 

'Do you have something?' Kara asks. 

'Yeah, I think I do. But you can go first.' 

'Okay, so I hope you aren't offended. But I think cards are a huge waste of trees.' Kara says. 

Lena makes a shocked face. 'NO! How can you say that?' 

'Well, I think it's just a piece of paper you throw away.' 

Lena sighs. 'Okay. I really hope you change your mind someday.' 

'So I think the show FRIENDS is overrated.' 

Kara gasps. 'You what?' 

'That's my favorite show!!!'

Kara and Lena have fully forgiven each other about biology in the morning. And they even laugh a little together. 

A/N: A bit of a tense chapter today. I still hope you like it though. I'm currently writing a few chapters ahead and there is so much good to come *hehe*