Tuesday, november 30th

Start from the beginning

Mrs. Landson opens the door and she walks towards her desk. 

Jean counts down. '3... 2... 1... NOW!!!' he yells. When he says the word 'now' everyone fires their paper airplane. A lot of the airplanes aren't even close to the teacher of the class. 

Also, Nia misses completely. But Kara does the opposite. 

When everyone fires their airplanes Mrs. Landson gets a shocked expression on her face. 

Kara's paper plane zooms through the air it nears Mrs. Landson but instead what Mrs. Landson catches hits her in the eye. 

Some students are laughing but the others are very silent one of those silent ones is Kara. 

Mrs. Landson puts her hand over her eye and starts crying and yelling at the same time. 

'Who did this? And why are there almost 30 paper airplanes in my classroom? Do you have any idea how much this hurts?' Everyone stays silent. 

Mrs. Landson bows and grabs the paper airplane from the ground.

'Kara Danvers.' She reads out loud.

Kara looks up to her teacher.

'I did not expect this of you. You are coming with me to the principals' office. The rest of the class is dismissed.'

Nia gives Kara a worried look. And then walks out of the class.

Everyone leaves like Nia. Mrs. Landson still has her hand over her eye.

In silence, Kara follows Mrs. Landson to the principals' office.

'Sit and wait here.' Mrs. Landson says to Kara as she points to one of the chairs in front of the principals' office.

Kara sits down and starts thinking. Nervously she taps with her feet on the ground and her 'something-is-wrong crinkle' is there on her face.

After waiting for what seemed like an eternity Mrs. Landson gets out of the principals' office. She doesn't even look at Kara. 

'Kara Danvers. You can come in.' The principal says. Shyly Kara walks into the principal's office. 

She sits down and looks around. The office is covered in British flags also it smells like strong flower perfume in there. Kara doesn't know the principal but she does know that the principal loves England. 

'Kara, can you please tell me what has happened?' 

'Of course miss. Madge. I was in history class, Mrs. Landson didn't print the right papers so she went to do that. In the meantime, one of my classmates had this idea for a challenge. Everyone had to put money on the table and fold a paper airplane. When Mrs. Landson walked in we all fired them and the one Mrs. Landson catches won the money. But she didn't exactly catch it mine hit her in the eye. And I know that's my fault.' Kara says. 

Miss Madge scribbles something down in her notebook. Just when she is about to speak there is knocking on the door. 

Miss Madge takes her reading glasses off and stands. 'Come in.' she calls. 

The door opens and Kara sees Eliza standing there. Eliza is Kara's adoptive mother Eliza greets Miss Madge and sits down. 

In a short time, Miss Madge explains what has happened. 

'Kara I know you didn't do this on purpose and neither did everyone else who fired a paper airplane. So I'm not going to suspend you. I do have a proposition but Mrs. Danvers has to agree with that.' Miss Madge says. 

Kara and Eliza nod at the same time. 

'Tomorrow there are coming some exchange students here from Ireland. Some students out of your class have gone to Ireland in August already. But one student got kicked out of school so now we have a problem. There is one student without somewhere to stay.' 

'So let me guess. If I let that student stay with us Kara gets out of trouble?' Eliza asks. 

'Exactly. And I think that it will be good for Kara and the student.'

'Kara is that okay with you?' Eliza asks. 

'Yeah, I think I can work with this.' Kara says. 

'Okay, then this is settled. This is all the information you need.' Miss Madge hands Kara an envelope. 

Minutes later Kara and Eliza walk out of the principal's office. 

Eliza stops Kara from walking. 'I know that this is not something you can help but you are still getting grounded. In January for a week. We will talk more about this at home.' Kara nods and mutters something under her breath. 

The school bell rings as the sign that the break has started. Kara walks towards the table where Nia and Winn are already sitting. 

'Hey! You didn't get suspended?' Nia asks. 

'No. I have to take care of an Irish exchange student. Starting tomorrow.' Kara sighs.

'OMG that's pretty awesome!' Nia exclaims. 

'Awesome?' Kara frowns. 

'Yeah, I think so. Is that the letter with information?' asks Nia. 

'Yup.' Kara says as she opens the letter.

'Information of the exchange student. Name L (teacher spilled coffee over the rest of the name), Boy, from Ireland Dublin, 18 years of age.' Kara reads out loud. 

'Well, now I know exactly what is coming to me.' Kara groans sarcastically. 

Winn grabs the paper out of Kara's hands. 

'Does this mean Kara will find a lover? You will find out in the next episode! The whole month of December on BBC' Winn states when he pretends his hand is a microphone. 

Kara tries to get the paper back but Winn runs away. So Kara sits down again. 

'Aren't you going to try to get your paper back?' Nia asks. 

Kara shakes her head. 'Why bother?'

'I'm already getting grounded. It will be in January though because Eliza says that she can't ground me when I'm with an exchange student.' Kara sighs. 

 Nia, Kara, and Winn sit down and speculate the whole break about what the exchange student is going to be like...