CHAPTER 6: WHERE IS HE?

I can't see anything. There's only darkness but I can hear a voice. Tristan? He's saying something but I could barely hear. I tried my best to listen and all I could hear was " I love you baby. Wait for me and I will return back to you. " and I felt a kiss on my forehead. Silence...

Where did he go? What is happening? I could feel the darkness engulfing me once again.

I woke up with a jolt and quickly regretted. Damn, my head hurts so badly! I slowly opened my eyes and saw a nurse calling for the doctor.

"Miss Tracy how do you feel now?", the doctor asked.

"Like I'm half dead. Where is Tristan?"

" He's not here I'm afraid. But Cath is here. I will send her in once I'm done with the checking."

He's gone? But I heard him before. Then my mind just drifted to the incident in the office. What a life! I just joined the company and every day there's a different experience. How could he even act that way! That makes me wonder what happened to that scumbag and also how does Tristan knows his name? Ughh there's a lot of questions in my mind and I need to talk to Tristan and get answers.

"Miss Tracy, I have checked everything and I will prescribe some medication for your pain, swelling and acne. There will also be regular checkups with the skin specialist. So make sure you follow up with her."

Wait, what?

" What do you mean by skin specialist? I did not ask for it doctor. ". There is no way in hell I am spending money for this. I still have a load of debts to pay. I can't be selfish and let aunt Lisa to handle the debts alone.

"Miss Tracy relax. We are referring you to the specialist in the government hospital. There is no need for you to pay for anything. Even if there is anything to pay, it won't be much and you can afford it."

Is it? Hmmm maybe I should take this opportunity? Back when I tried to ask help from the to refer me to a specialist, she was making so many excuses claiming my condition isn't that bad for me to get treatment from a specialist. Hence, my aunt had to spend money and bring me to a private hospital for treatment.

After thanking the doctor, he left the room with the nurse. Cath came in and gave me a warm hug. I started crying.

"Hey, it's okay you are safe now."

" I am so tired of all this Cath. I just want to run away and hide from everyone."

" Don't say that Tracy. Look at me. There's no happy ever after without challenges. You have to face everything in life girl."

"Like what Cath? Almost get raped? Accepting people's hurtful comments? I can't even picture a happy ending in my life. It has always been rough and painful! I just hate everything! I hate myself! Tell me one good thing that has happened ever since I came here. One thing!", I was completely hysteric thinking about everything that had happened.

" What about Tristan? Are you telling me he is not the best thing that has ever happened in your life? I saw how you smiled every morning when you came to work. What was that?"

I gasped upon hearing that from her. How does she know him? And thinking back, he has always been the reason behind my smile every day. And without realizing I looked at the door hoping he will come in any moment. Honestly, I just want to hug him tight right now.

"He's gone for some time Tracy. But he will be back... for you.."

"How do you know him Cath? Please tell me where he went?"

" The time will come for you to know everything Tracy. But believe me, he's the angel that God have sent for you. Don't let him go. He never gave up on you since the start. And start accepting the fact that you are beautiful in every way. Appearance does not last long. A pretty face will eventually change; it's the attitude and good heart that remains till the end. If you listen to peoples' comments and hate yourself, then how would you be able to open your heart and accept someone who really wants to be there for you? Love yourself and eventually you will be able to love someone again. People say whatever they want, but it's up to you whether you want to let their comments hurt you or help you embrace yourself to show them their opinion doesn't matter. The key is in your hand girl; don't let others' rule your life. "

"Wh..what do you mean by he never gave up on me? Thank you for your words Cath. Sometimes, when someone motivates me like this, I feel better. I really appreciate it."

Before I could ask further, she changed the topic.

"As for the bas*ard that tried to rape you, he is fired from the company and apparently he have tried to assault many girls in that company too. He is also charged for bribery. Tristan has made sure he will never appear in your life again. So, don't worry about it. For now, just rest. The doctor has given you a week of medical leave. If you want more, do tell me. "

"That's comforting. I never want to see him again in my life. One week is too much already. I just joined the company and you asking me if I want more. Are you going to bribe the doctor into giving me more leave?"

She chuckled. "Girl, why would I bribe my own husband?"

"What!?"

"Yeap my husband is a doctor. Any emergencies requiring medical help in the company are sent to this hospital."

"Oh wow."

Cath was talking about the hospital and her husband but I barely focused on what she said. All I could think about is Tristan. Where the hell did he go! Who is he? Do I know him before? I don't think so! Do I have time for this 'Blues Clues' game? NO!!

........................................................................................................................................................................

Hey lovely people, thank you so much for reading. I appreciate all the support. I will try to update other chapters soon. Have a nice day <3