Chapter 43: Old Teacher Lin

"Fourth brother, fourth brother, have you finished preparing?"

First thing in the morning, a commotion stirred Gu WenQing's yard. This frightened the servant Zi Mi into thinking that something had happened.

"Fire, fire! Is it a fire?"

Running out while still half-asleep and in his sleeping clothes, Zi Mi began to shout in the yard.

"You loggerhead!"

With a smack, his head was given a fierce strike. Only then did he fully wake up.

He then saw Gu Xiang and Gu Yi standing before him in clean clothes. This left him feeling a little confused for a brief moment.

"Fifth young sir, sixth young sir, why have you two come so early?"

"We must go study today. It's natural that we would need to get up a little earlier. Where's fourth brother? Is fourth brother still sleeping?"

Gu Yi did not wait for him to reply and went to push open the door. Gu WenQing just happened to open the door at the same time.

"With you guys causing such a ruckus, how could I keep sleeping? I woke up long ago."

Moving to the side, he gestured for them to enter, "It's rare that you two would be so early. Come in and have some tea."

Zi Mi hastily rushed over to help Gu WenQing get washed up then brought out breakfast.

"Ah, let's not eat. Bring the breakfast over to the Western Wing. Let's go and eat with Yu Fu. How about it?"

Gu Yi was a flexible person, closing the lid on the food that he had just received from Zi Mi. Gu Xiang also said: "Right, today is the first time that she will be studying with us. Let's go over a little earlier to see her!"

After saying this, he did not wait for Gu WenQing to state his opinion, dragging him in the direction of the Western Wing.

To the two of them, Gu WenQing was the older brother that was closest to them in age. He was also the one with the most agreeable temper. They were not worried that he would get mad.

Gu WenQing was dragged along by the two of them and could only try to compromise, "Alright, alright, if we're going, let's just go. Let's walk properly and not drag each other around."

Smoothing out the sleeve that had been wrinkled from being dragged along, he moved to the front and had Zi Mi carry the food boxes.

Arriving at the Western Wing, Yu Fu had just finished getting ready and was about to eat breakfast.

"Fourth brother, fifth brother, sixth brother, you guys came?"

Upon seeing them, Yu Fu leaped up from her chair and cheerfully welcomed them.

They saw that her hair was tied up into two little rings, and there were only two small pearl ornaments in her hair. She wore a plain dress with lotuses and green leaves. She looked as nimble as a fairy.

"I was thinking of telling you that Teacher Lin is strict and fastidious and that you should dress a little more plainly. Who knew that you would dress so fittingly.

Gu WenQing nodded his head in satisfaction as Zi Mi came up from behind him and placed their breakfast on the table.

Yu Fu said with a smile: "It was Aunty Li and sister Lian Zhu who took care of dressing me, but is Teacher Lin really that scary?"

"It's not just any normal degree of scariness!"

Gu Yi put on a fiendish expression, scaring Yu Fu into hiding behind Gu WenQing. He, on the other hand, began to laugh.