Chapter 21: Princess DanYang

"Uncle Gu, this is younger sister Yu Fu, right?"

A shadow bore down, and Yu Fu raised her head to look over at who had just come.

There, she saw a bright-red dress that reached down to the ground, and it was embroidered with a golden thread.

Looking up even further, she was of average height, and her waistline seemed to be quite full. Her figure was very curvacious. Her face was a perfect oval, and her skin was beautiful. Her cheeks were plump, and she was looking at her with a kind smile.

What a dignified and noble beauty!

Gu HuaiJiang smiled while holding Yu Fu's hand, "This is the fifth daughter of His Majesty and the first Empress, Princess DanYang."

"Greetings, Princess DanYang."

Yu Fu gently curtsied and was about to perform a blessing of fortune, but her hands had already been caught by Princess DanYang.

She carefully examined Yu Fu's appearance. The more she looked, the more stunned she became. In the end, she was in a complete daze.

Even rarer still, she had just been brought back to the capital by Gu HuaiJiang, but she never made a fool of herself despite having met so many nobles and officials.

With this bearing, it really was no loss that she was Marquis Gu's daughter, nor was it a loss that...

She looked at the pink clothes made of cloud-embroidered brocade that Yu Fu wore. Before coming, she had complained to her palace maids that Gu ShuBai had never given her such a valuable gift; however, he had given so many to an illegitimate daughter all at once.

Now that she saw Yu Fu's pristine appearance, what little jealousy that existed in her heart was instantly extinguished.

"There's no need to be so distant in how you call me. You're uncle Gu's daughter. It's fine to just call me sister DanYang."

While Princess DanYang said this, she turned and gave a look to the palace servant accompanying her.

When that palace servant saw that her attitude towards Yu Fu was so genial, she quickly came to an understanding. She turned around and retrieved a little box made of sandalwood and decorated with gold thread.

"With this being our first meeting, this is a tourmaline bracelet that my Empress Mother gave me during my childhood. Now that I've grown up, it no longer fits me. Giving them to you, they will likely fit you well."

The palace servant opened up the wooden box, and a fiery red appeared. The brilliant and colorful bracelet lay inside. Princess DanYang personally retrieved it and put it on Yu Fu's left wrist.

Quite honestly, the fit really was quite nice.

"Sister Yu Fu's skin is very white, thus wearing red suits you perfectly. How about keeping it on?"

Princess DanYang looked at her with eyes filled with expectation. The warmth and kindness also showed a desire to get on her good side. She was being even kinder than to her own younger sister.

Yu Fu did not know the exact details and did not dare accept it so casually, thus she raised her head and looked up at Gu HuaiJiang.

He immediately recognized that this bracelet was something that had genuinely been made in the palace, and Princess DanYang's gift had been given with a great deal of sincerity.

He then nodded, "Princess gave it to you. You should accept it."

Seeing his calm expression, Yu Fu finally understood what sort of standing Marquis Gu's Manor had in the country.