To that Irene's eyes burst open as she intensely glared at Emmett, who returned with a smirk of his own.

"You can't be pointing me out for being loud, have you heard that commoner shout? She sounds like a hungry elephant." she snapped back

He noticed that the slightest mention of Ella erupted a war within Irene.

She never held back,

Irene made sure her nemesis knew of the extent of hate she had for them.

To Emmett, it was both admirable and childish.

It did make her look a tad bit bold but at the same time, it made Irene an easy target to be picked upon.

"Give the girl a break, Irene." His hand now found a place on her temple, slowly he rubbed her forehead in circles in an attempt to ease out the expressions of annoyance that took over her.

Irene closed her eyes back, her hands rested on her stomach, and she made herself comfortable on the floor again, seeming to sleep.

"My, my, Your Highness you should consider a change in careers, perhaps I could hire you as my personal masseur."

Emmett snorted with laughter as Irene giggled; her smile didn't fade the next few minutes as they sat in silence.

A cozy, warm, and pleasant silence, one which they both enjoyed.

"Do you remember when we were young?" I'd get in trouble and you always ended up massaging my head."

Irene peered at Emmett who twinkled at the mention of their past.

The little memory had made him grin.

"Ah, of course, little Irene stealing sweets from Theo and hiding them behind her back."

It was a clear image in his mind, a dainty girl with a fierce expression like that of a lioness,

his brother Theo and Irene had fought a lot on sweets back then, it always ended up with Alex punishing them.

The thought of Alexander had him snicker,

That man hadn't changed by the slightest bit.

Emmett plumped himself on the floor, next to Irene. He lifted his fingers from Irene's temple and used them to brush his jet black locks to the side.

The recollection of his childhood pulled him in a daze.

They went way back.

Him, Theo, Irene, and Alexander.

The two Empires, Mubeven and Dalia were in a very prosperous relation years ago and so were Irene's father King Ernest, and his own father King Brice.

He and Theo used to visit the Dalia Empire a lot, along with their parents.

Sometimes for lovely dinners, other times to discuss politics.

But that was everything the adults would do,

The little them years ago were just sweet, goofy, adorable children.

Busy chasing down each other during the tag game,

Busy in wrestling each other to find out which one of them was the strongest,

Busy in trying to balance themselves on their tiptoes to appear the tallest of them all.

The present still had them busy though, not in their quirky, foolish childhood games.

But in their toxic, ruinous games for power.