• High School Lovers || Mini-Story One •

Three weeks. Three weeks broke up and he was already in another bitches face. India rolled her eyes at the two and walked elsewhere in the loud party. A party she wished she never attended. They recently graduated a week ago and one of the seniors was throwing a graduation party.

Her best friend honesty pleaded with her to go and eventually, she caved in; not without a bribe included of course. She and Chauncey broke up three weeks ago. They got into a huge fight over which college they should both attend, but they both had separate wants.
Chauncey was your star football player. Colleges were greedy for him.

His grades backed up his talents which meant more scholarships and more full-ride opportunities being thrown at him. After weeks of deciding he felt UCLA was meant for him. He accepted the offer quickly before mentioning to India his plans. When she heard the good news she was happy for him but upset at the same time. They had both agreed that they would talk about which choice would be best for them and proceed forward together.

India was an art-head. From drawing and painting to her style of fashion she screamed different she screamed unique in their little town in Delaware and that's what Chauncey loved the most about her. Her art has been noticed by major companies from far and she's even made a living from selling some of her work. Still, she wanted to take her education further by attending school and even branching out into different majors if interested. She received many scholarships but wasn't as fortunate with the colleges wanting her as they wanted Chauncey.

Her dream school: New York Academy of Arts wanted her instantly and it was an offer she didn't want to give up on...not even for Chauncey. She still waited and applied to other places in hopes something else interesting would catch her eye, but none were as good as the one in New York.  India mentioned the New York college and how they were supposed to come together to find one they BOTH would go to and his smile fell from his face. He had forgotten. They both spent the day arguing and trying to convince one another that they could pursue both their dream and both states, but pride wouldn't strip them.

It ended with India breaking up with Chauncey and him wishing her well on her journey. Chauncey was hurt by how it was so easy for her to call it quits on them; they had been together since they were 15 and inseparable ever since. They've had their ups and downs but it never led to a break up so that was bizarre to him. He understood why she'd be upset with him making a decision first without them deciding together but from his perspective, there were art majors everywhere and California would be amazing for the two. When she asked if would he consider New York he said no without a thought; in his mind, New York had nothing to offer a football player.

India was upset with herself, she let her anger bring an argument end to a 4-year relationship that she wanted to last forever. From her perspective, Chauncey didn't even try or even think to see what school in New York had for him and his football dream. She wanted to compromise with him but she also wanted what she wanted. Graduation day came the two's parents greeted each other and sadly sighed when the two eyed each other but never spoke.
Seeing him in another girl's face only confirmed India's thoughts for a week that he indeed was over her.

She looked all over for honesty til she found her in the kitchen filling up another cup from the giant jug of red substance and multiple fruits.

"Are you ready to go? I'm ready to go tee" India said huffing.

It was clear as day that seeing Chauncey with another girl ruined her vibe and she wanted to go home then stay and have it smothered in her face. Honestly looked confused til she saw her best friend's face then softened hers.