Chapter Fourty-Six

Start from the beginning

His green eyes stare down into his yoghurt pot, before dumping the spoon back into it. I love how much it amuses him when he lifts the spoon up to place it into his mouth but accidently gets a bit of the creamy mixture on the tip of his nose.

I stand up, laughing softly to myself and picking up a tissue from the side table.

"You are one messy little buggar, you know that?" I say to my son as I begin to wipe around his lips with the tissue.

Luke doesn't say anything. I just get a cheeky grin in reply as he places another spoonful of yoghurt into his mouth.

I hear the soft giggles of Oliver behind me, before the feel of his hand on my back becomes present. It's so warm, making the place on my back where his hand sits become warmer than the rest of my body.

"I gotta go," I whisper to Oliver when I turn to him.

He puts a little more pressure onto where he's holding my back, so that I'm forced to step forwards two steps. I'm chest to chest with him at this point. I can see the many different colors of green in his eyes, and I almost forget about my doctor's appointment in twenty minutes. I'm too lost in his touch and his eyes for my brain to process anything in this moment of time.

"Don't be home too late," Ol says, pressing his forehead against mine.

I slowly allow my eyes to close, "I'll be as quick as I can."

"Good, because I finish work at around three-thirty and Luke is only being picked up from Claire's at five-thirty, so if you're feeling any better..." He says with a gentle kiss to my collarbone, his hands dropping further down my waist at the same time.

A soft laugh leaves my lips when I realise what he's implying. A few hours alone with Oliver was definitely a need right now. And the timing couldn't be more perfect. If what I think is going to happen turns out to be happening, then tonight, just us two, would be a perfect time for me to be honest with him and tell him.

"I'll leave Capitol at three-thirty then," I murmer against his lips, leaving a sweet kiss in their place.

"Don't be late."

                                     ***

The best thing about private doctor's appointments rather than a hospital is the fact you're seen pretty much immediately. I praised them for that. I really wasn't in the right mood to sit in one of their chairs in the waiting room with the material that itches your skin, just thinking things over and over in my head to the point where I actually turned insane.

I had signed in with my name and date of birth, and within a minute and a half the words 'Katheryn Hudson, Doctor Kingsley - Room 12' had flashed up on the screen in front of me. Though that was when the nerves really kicked in.

I took a deep breath as I stood up, straightening out my shirt with my hands. I was dressed extremely low key today, but of course that wasn't enough to stop people second glancing me in the waiting room.

My hair hung in a loose bobble, a few strands falling to the sides of my face. A dark grey beanie hat sat on my head and a pair of black Raybans covered my eyes in a bid to make myself seem invisible. I wasn't dressed to impress either. Just a pair of dark blue skinny jeans and an opened button purple checked shirt with a white T-shirt underneath was enough for me today. I wore very little make up; just a little blusher to add some color to my extremely pale cheeks. That was an attempt to get rid of this sick look I had going on at the minute, which was something both Oliver and Sammie had managed to pick up on yesterday and the day before.