Chapter Fourty-Six

[Katy]

"Yeah, I'll come in later." I speak down the phone to my manager, Bradford, whilst running a hand exhaustedly through my hair. I had completely forgotten that he needed me in at Capitol today and it was only when he reminded me that I remembered how much work we had yet to do. "It completely slipped my mind, but uh- I'll give you a text in a couple of hours."

"Alright, Kate. Have you called Bonnie?"

I scrunch my eyes up instantly. Shit. He had reminded me last night and I had still somehow managed to forget.

As I sighed down the phone in response, I lifted a hand to my warm forehead, feeling a wave of dizziness sweep through my entire body. It felt like I had been drinking. Drinking quite a lot, actually. As if I had been out on a night out with Shannon. Except I hadn't, and for some reason, I felt slightly worried.

"Katy?" Bradford asks on the other end of the phone I still have held to my ear.

"What?" I say in confusion. "Oh, right, uh- n-no I haven't called Bonnie. I'm sorry it just-"

"Slipped your mind?" Bradford cuts in.

I hear the disappointment in his voice, which was a heartbreaking thing to hear, especially since it was Bradford. Not only was he my manager, but he was an extremely incredible friend to me. I hadn't been with it these past few weeks, and when one domino falls, so do they all. I had piled the pressure on Bradford a lot recently.

"Yeah," I sigh, my voice full of guilt. This wasn't like me. I'm organized and motivated when it comes to my music. "I'm really sorry, Bradford."

"Katy, is everything okay? You haven't been yourself recently."
Great, another person I now have to lie to.

"Everything's fine. I've just been a little sick. Can you call Bonnie for me please? If she is busy just do all you can to get her there. Tell her I messed up and, and I'll apologise when I see her for the last minute scheduling."

I hear a deep breath of air come from Bradford's end of the phone, and I remind myself how lucky I am to have Bradford in my life. There are times when I know I would be absolutely lost without him. "Okay." He says, "see you later."

"Bye, Brad."

I push my cell into the back pocket of my black jeans, groaning to myself at the same time. What was happening to me? This pregnancy had really taken it's toll on me this time.

Most people would have done a pregnancy test by now, knowing that it's almost impossible to go days until you can see your doctor to find out if your life is about to change. Me, on the other hand, right now, felt too afraid. Not only that, but I was not risking going into a Drug Store and being papped buying a pregnancy test. That would just be a way of making this whole situation a thousand times worse, so I decided a doctor's appointment would just be best.

I looked up, seeing Oliver now walking across the room with Luke in his arms. I smile at the sight.

"Babe, you remember that I said I would go grab a coffee with Shannon this morning, don't you?"

I gulp after I have spoken. My voice was far too shaky just then. I prayed to God he didn't realise I was lying.

"Yeah," Ol says with a smile, clearly too distracted by the fidgeting two year old he was putting into his chair. "I'm going into work for a couple of hours anyway whilst Luke's at the child minder."

I look at my little boy who now sits in his high chair with a strawberry flavored yogurt in one hand and a spoon in the other. A bit of the yoghurt that is smeared around his lips makes me giggle.