No More Goody Two Shoes [Emo Love Story] 36

Start from the beginning

About a half hour passed before I walked out into the kitchen to see what he was up to. His back was to me. I sat at the bar table and waited. "How has your day gone?"

"Boring," I said.

"Well, it's about to get better," he smiled and turned to me.

"Why are you saving money, anyway?" I asked.

He shrugged but I say the look in his eye led me to believe he had plans. "Just tell me?"

"I can't yet, love." He smiled.

I felt like I could see into Chase's soul. He wasn't happy. I know it wasn't about me. It must have been about Ivan. I put my hand on Chase's face as we laid on the couch together, which was a tight fit.

We left the lake house the next day, after Chase kindly apologize to our neighbors about not being able to work for them any longer. We would finally be home again. Walking inside, I saw my mother laying on the couch, my father sitting beside her, and his hand on her pregnant stomach.

"Chase!" my mother said and stood up. "How've you been?" She asked as she hugged and held his face.

"Been doing great," he said softly to her. "Can we talk?" he questioned softer, but I still heard it. He side glanced me and she followed his eyes to look towards me. I guess this is about me...

"I'm going to shower" I said and headed off towards my untouched room. I flopped down on my bed and heard a crackling of paper. I sat up to reach behind my back. The paper was folded up in a hurry. I opened it slowly, unsure of what it was. Old homework maybe?

It was a note. From Ivan. He was in my room. He was here.

I stopped by today, you're not here. You're mom was nice enough to let me inside after I carefully explained who I was. Where are you? Not to be a needed or controlling boyfriend or anything, but your not answering your phone and you're not home. Call me.

My breathing had hiked up a notch and I yelled out my mothers name in rage.

"WHY WOULD YOU LET HIM IN HERE?!" I yelled as I rampaged through my room and out the door.

I saw the terror in my mother's eyes as I flung the note at Chase. "You let him in here, and you let him in my room?!" I yelled at her.

"Sweetie, I didn't know" She stayed calm. Chase had speed read the note and then looked at me.   

"Stop yelling at her!" He said. "What the hell, Sam? She didn't know." He said and grabbed my body, flinging it to the couch. "Just sit here, okay?" He said in my ear softly and kissed it lightly. "Calm down." He added as he walked towards my room.

"What did he plant a bomb too?! Are you a bomb detector?!" I yelled sarcastically.

"Shut up, Samantha," He said just barely audible. I narrowed my eyes in his general direction. After a clear search of mine and Chase's rooms, he continued to talk to my mother. Gibberish I didn't understand, legal terms and what not. But she looked surprised as to how he knew all of that.