~> 06 <~

"Okay, one last time; can you give me the number to anyone I can call to pick you up?" I plead, trying to get the wasted girl to at least give me some indication to who she is, but she keeps rambling on and on about underwater creatures.

She giggles. "Why are jellyfish called jellyfish? Are they made of jelly or are they jelly of Ariel for getting legs and a prince?" The girl looks to actually be pondeing this as if it's a serious issue.

I groan and rest my head on the granite counter in the kitchen, where I had dragged the girl to since there was no way I could get her up the stairs.

I pick up my head and take a deep breath. "Focus, Scar, focus." Great, I'm talking to myself. I take a water bottle out of the fridge and some advil out of the cabinet. "Here," I hand her the bottle and a couple of pills so her hangover won't be bad in the morning.

"Will these turn me into a mermaid? I've always wanted to be a mermaid but my brother won't let me." She lets out another obnoxious giggle.

"I- you know what, they will definitely turn you into a mermaid. But you have to make sure to take them first or else you'll be a sucky human forever." I resist the urge to roll my eyes as she eagerly sallows the pills. "You said you have a brother? Do you remember his phone number maybe?"

She looks at me for a minute, like she actually understands what I'm saying. "Oh it's-" I wait for a minute until she goes back into her drunken haze, "1,2,3, Sesame Street."

I turn around and try not to rip my hair out. Taking care of a drunk person is the equivalent of parenting a three year old. I open my eyes to see no ther than the Blake Hills leaning on the counter opposite of me, the same michevious smirk present on his face.

I groan for the millionth time and try not to punch the mocking look straight off of him. "Great, now I have to deal with two idiots. What do you want?" I glare.

He chuckles. "That's not a way to introduce yourself, babe."

I scoff. "One, don't call me 'babe.' I'm not a pig, like you. And secondly, I'm pretty sure that being the new girl means that I don't need to introduce myself." I cross my arns.

Blake puts a hand over his heart. "Ouch, you wound me."

"What do you want?" I snap. My temper is about to explode. Something about Blake just irks me to the point where even being near him for a few seconds is irritating.

"Well, it's more like what you want." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out an all too familiar item.

My necklace. It didn't look damaged, thank God, but I knew that if he had it, there would be some price to pay to get it back.

"Where did you get that?" I say slowly, taking cautious steps towards him.

"Oh, around." Blake says evasively.

I curse under my breath as I remember not taking it off before gym. It must have flew off my neck when I was running. Stupid, Scar, stupid. I try to  snatch it out of his hands, but Blake just lifts his arm above his head and dangles it above me tauntingly. I glare. "What do you want, Blake?" I grit out, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirks. "Well, you see, I have a little bit of a... problem with my parents." He leans against the counter, copying my position. "You see, I come from a very well-off family, which means they like to be strict and harsh."

"And how doesthis invlolve me?" I sneer.

"Hush," Blake says in a scolding tone, "I'm getting there. Anyways, they have a gala coming up, and I need an escort, but not some slut who would where a whorish dress and cling to my arm like a monkey. I need someone... presentable. Like you." He smiles impishly, holding my necklace directly in front of my eyes. "If you agree to come, then I might consider returning this memorabilia."

"Oh, using big words, are we?" I arch an eyebrow. I didn't know the first thing about class, I mean, I came from the streets, what do I know about these things? But, maybe, I could end up turning all of this on Blake, as revenge for taking my necklace...

I sigh and glare at him once more. "I'll do it. But if you think you'll be getting any action, then you can kiss the deal goodbye. Now, do you happen to know this girl and her most likely unexisting brother?" I demand.

With a look of vicotry  and a sly smile, Blake replys, "Yes, I know who to contact."

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

I KNOW IT'S TERRIBLE DON'T KILL ME! THIS IS THE BEST I COULD DO.

It's unedited, sloppy and short, and i offer my uttermost apologies for this piece of crap. But hey, it's a chapter! I'm over my writer's block, thank God, and know what I'm doing with this story.

Happy end of February/beginning of March!

- L&M <3