July - Movie inspired

Start from the beginning

Her brain stopped her reflexion, not wanting to admit what she understood. Panic humidified her eyes. Her breathing broke. And she saw Yahiko's face again.

"...humankind has always evolved thanks to reproduction. It's what I want to do here but, in a fastest and more efficient way..."

Her baby was the key to produce better assassins.

Naruto was too human for them.

Selecting genes meant isolated emotions.

And since Menma had failed, they wanted to do the experiment on true descendants...

The feeling of being vulnerable clenched her guts. Gooses bumps climbed on her arms. Her body tensed. Sweat dripped on her forehead. And her panicked eyes searched for Naruto again.

But, she was alone in this room.

He wasn't here.

Fear started to eat her capacity to think. All she wanted to do was to protect her baby. To go back to Naruto. She then wanted to stand up but, once again, her arms prevented her from moving.

Looking up, she saw she was handcuffed on a bed. Looking down, she noticed her shirt was up to her chest and a red line had been drawn on her belly.

She squeezed her lids but like earlier, it was too late.

That sight etched in her mind, fueling her fear.

The more she waved her arms, the more the steel cut the skin on her wrists. Adrenaline poured in her veins, blocking the pain for now. Her fingers pulled on the handcuffs. She pushed on her arms, on her legs. She didn't move an inch.

She yelled a frustrated cry, covering Yahiko's voice.

"You're already up? We thought we had more time."

Her head turned towards the comers. Tendo was pushing an ultrasound scan, paused the video and took a seat close to her. Another clone followed. She didn't fail to notice him placing a gun under the mattress. Their movements were so mecanic. Even their postures seemed more robotic than human.

"Please. Don't hurt my baby." she begged on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"It is not our intention." the two clones, Pain, assured her as they looked at her. "We are just checking that everything is normal. Kakashi told us you had been pretty much stressed since the incident with Menma. Not to mention your dangerous car chase across Konoha to escape us."

"The men in the car were clones? And, you... you said Kakashi?"

"Yes"

"It's Kakashi who's behind all of that?"

"No."

Tendo's gaze left her to concentrate on his task. The cold lubricant gel he applied on her belly made her shiver and nervous. So, she continued her interrogation which was keeping her calm.

"What do you mean 'no'?"

"Kakashi is a thief. Yahiko is the creator of this place.

"So, Kakashi claimed ownership of the Akatsuki's ideas." They nodded. "He gave birth to Menma?" They nodded. "Does he work alone?" They nodded. "But then, where is Yahiko?" she asked.

"Dead."

"How?"

"Kakashi killed him."

"Why?"

"Because Kyubi found him."

"I-It doesn't make any sense... Why kill the brain of the operation? Unless... Kakashi wanted to be the only one to know about the formula?"