July - Movie inspired

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 1 892
Publish: 07/02/2020
Summary: Naruto and Hinata peacefully live with each other. Well, almost peacefully... 

Alberta, Canadian Rockies, Canada

All she could see from her little kitchen window was the usual white veil covering the scenery. The main feature of the Canadian winter. It broke the darkness of the night, visible as far as the eye can see, but remained hostile. Snow unleashed large snowflakes on top of the mountains but also on top of the two provinces as if it wanted to erase all human activity.

Nature always reasserts itself here. Nothing could get free from the heavy snow which, for Hinata, was nothing but deadly. Even huge and majestic pine trees couldn't measure up, she noticed. They were covered with snow, bending under the weight, and they could only thanks their great high to not be dying because of the storm.

It was a normal evening. She should be used to it by now. Unfortunately, she didn't like winter and couldn't help but enumerated all the little annoying things.

Freezing feet if her shoes weren't well put on.

Incapacity to feel on her lifeless skin the sun because either it wasn't warm enough or it was hidden by the white cloud.

The fog blocking the view.

The snow aggravating the country lanes.

The ice on the roads.

The hail destroying everything on its path.

Darkness overcoming the match against the daylight.

And the list could go on for hours but the smell of her food tickled her nose. With a spatula in the saucepan, she checked how cooked was her cassoulet.

Then, she glanced at the clock on the wall above the sink, biting the inside of her cheek. She mustn't go back in her bad habit of always be worried. She put back her palms on the work surface to not bite her nails.

Don't worry, Hinata.

In a couple of minutes, he'll be at the front door. His boots will leave snow on the floor but his priority will be to kiss her. To warm her up in his strong arms. And to make her blush.

Yes, she would've rather have a sea view.

Her feet in the hot sand.

She would've rather observe the sun and its way of colouring the sky.

Smell the perfume of lavender flowers.

Heard the cicadas in the summer.

Have a taste of a glass of lemonade.

But, they decided together to come live here. She wasn't following him, she chose to come with him. And as long as they were together, she will never be sad.