July - Movie inspired

Manga/Anime: Naruto by Masashi Kishimoto/Studio Pierrot
Words: 1 967
Publish: 07/04/2020
Summary: Naruto and Hinata peacefully live with each other. Well, almost peacefully... 

Naruto hadn't had nightmares since the beginning of their relationship

At this time, they had tried everything to calm their restless nights; drink herbal tea, do yoga, relaxing bath, pleasurable reading, pillow talks and even make love.

But nothing had worked out. Naruto was a ball of energy, regardless of the time.

It's not his fault, Hinata knew it. His teenage years weren't the best for a teenager to grow and trauma didn't disappear in a flash.

But, Hinata didn't need much to be disturb and to overthink. Her mind would keep her awake even though Naruto had fallen asleep before her. And when she'd succeed at fall asleep, she could sense everything around her.

When he was loudly moving next to her. When he was desperately holding onto her. When he was calling her with a broken voice. She knew his memories and his dreams became one and, only her caresses could bring him back to reality. But, what broke Hinata's heart was to see how wet his face was because of his tears.

Remorse was eating Naruto alive. He told her. She too could see it in his eyes.

He, who used to keep his emotions in check, had let his love for her change him. And for every bad action he did years ago, guilt was gradually poisoning his soul. As soon as his eyes were closed, his demons came back to dance around him until he cracks.

Fortunately, travelling seemed to calm him down. Acclimatise himself to the various environments and landscapes kept his senses stimulate and prevented him to take it easy.

He wasn't a sedentary person by nature.

That's why Hinata didn't approve this method. He was going back into his bad habits and wasn't allowing himself a good rest. Always on the lookout, he wasn't sleeping soundly.

But he promised her he will found another solution to his problem.

When? She didn't know.

How? She was afraid to have figured it out.

He had promised to never return to the way he used to live but, sometimes, you couldn't change the course of fate.

That night, Hinata felt nothingness behind her. Se opened her eyes and looked behind her back. Naruto left the bed, the door was slightly ajar and a ray of light broke through the darkness.

No need to panic, she said to herself. He maybe went to the bathroom. Or in the kitchen to drink a glass of water.

In any case, they just moved in so it shouldn't be nightmares.

It couldn't be nightmares...

Massing her forehead, she rolled on her back, smoothing the sheet with her hand, preventing her to bite her nails. She quietly looked at the ceiling, trying to hear the toilet flush or a noise coming from the kitchen.