Chapter one: Farewell

Drrr drrr

Beam wakes up when he hears the sound of his cell phone vibrating. He groaned in annoyance. He has only slept a few hours and now has to wake up to the sound.

"Ai Forth" Beam woke the man next to him because he was unable to open his eyes.

"um ..." answered Forth without opening his eyes. He's too tired too.

"Phone" muttered Beam.

"um ..." answered Forth again.

Beam sighed

"please" asked Beam because his head began to hurt hearing the vibration of the phone.

Forth groaned but he opened his eyes. He smiled when he saw Beam frowning. Forth rubbed Beam's head gently and said "I'll take it".

Forth got up and got out of bed. He looked for the cellphone among the piles of their clothes scattered on the bed and floor. He finds the cellphone in Beam's pants pocket.

"Beam! Your cell phone!" shouted Forth frantically when he found out who was calling Beam. Forth climbed onto the bed and woke Beam slowly.

"Tell him to call me later," said Beam, shaking Forth's hand. He refused to open his eyes.

"YOU WANT ME TO TALK TO YOUR MOTHER?" asked Forth in panic.

Forth's words made Beam automatically open his eyes.

"Shit" he muttered as he got up and grabbed the cellphone from Forth's hand.

"Ha-hello Mae" answered Beam half-consciously.

"BARAMEE VONGVIPHAN !!!"

Beam immediately took his cellphone away from his ear after hearing his mother's scream.

"Where are you now?" asked Beam's mother irritably. Beam looked panicked at Forth who was wearing his shirt.

"Ru-friend's house," he replied quickly.

Beam stared at Forth guiltily. Forth smiled at Beam to make sure he didn't mind Beam calling him a friend. Forth picks up  beam's i shirt from the floor and throws it at Beam. Beam whispered his thanks.

"Friends? Mae already called Phana and Kit but they said that you were not with them" Asked Beam's mother searchingly.

Beam swallowed hard. He stopped draping his shirt "Mae, Beam has other friends besides Phana and Kit" he replied.

"Oh, yes?" Beam's mother laughed derisively. "In this world, apart from us, Phana and kit, is there anyone else who can bear to hear your spicy tongue?"

Beam frowned at his mother's statement

"Whose fault am I with a sharp tongue like this?" Muttered Beam as he tried to fit his jeans with one hand.

"Mae didn't call just to ask where Beam was, right?" said Beam. He did not want to prolong the argument with his mother

"Mae is in your apartment right now. So come here."

Tuk

Beam dropped his cell in panic.

"Beam ??" asked Beam's mother in surprise. Beam hurriedly picked up his cellphone from the floor.

"Krab. Beam will be there now" he replied, disconnecting his mother's phone. Beam sighed and was silent for a moment. He stood in the middle of the Forth room while thinking. He still couldn't process whatever just happened.

"Did something bad happen?" asked Forth worriedly when he got out of the bathroom.

Beam shook his head and walked to the bathroom "No. Everything is fine. It's just that my mom suddenly came here"